Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-05-2011, 08:29 PM

Don't need to hide my stash. I probably buy less than I would if he went along and helped pick fabric. He is retired and we spend a lot of time together in the same room. I sew, he does photo stuff.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Carol J.
After 65 years of marriage, we hide nothing from each other. He has learned to live with my hobbies. I also do folkart painting, china painting, beading, read books, cooking, baking, sewing,quilting, embroidery,knitting, crocheting and anything I want to do and so does he. I hate to think of downsizing someday.
All of those actvities require instruction books and supplies. I'm going to live every day till I die.

Carol J.
:thumbup: :thumbup: I agree 100% Dottie Bug
Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 PM

Since I am a thrift shop yard sale person it is alot of fum finding items to use and I usually can't wait to show and tell when I get home. Just found a bed set (pillow case top sheet and bottom sheet in flannel) boys sport print for $3 and about 3 yds material with Castles in the cloude with stars that looked like stardust on them. Beautiful don't no what I will do with it yet but it is a start. This piece I left out as I want my gdaughter to see it. Going back as I spotted a Disney set cartoons. My hubby says I am like a kid with a new toy. He enjoys the show.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:05 PM

I stashed my fabrics in my boxes, in the sewing room. They just kept getting heavier and jam packed!! I would shop during the day while DH was at work. :lol:
Old 08-06-2011, 12:03 AM

Heard several ladies confess one time to keeping fabric in the trunk of their car. Hope they never got a flat that dh went to change. lol.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:58 AM

My husband doesn't care. He will even go to the fabric store with me sometimes. As a matter of fact, his DM bought me my quilting frame.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:02 AM

Hmmm...not ever. Relationships are built on trust and honesty.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:44 AM

After 40 years of marriage,I don't hide anything and he can't....boat, motorcycle, new tires & wheels. He just insisted I order a new HQ Avante...can't wait to see what he wants next.[/quote]

Are you married to my husband????? lol lol
My husband looks for new quilt shops for me when he is out and about and then gets me gift certificates from them and then takes me there... LOL
Old 08-06-2011, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jennie and Me
My hubby never complains and is an enabler also. He goes with me into the quilt shops and if I can't find the fabric I'm looking for he says "Have you looked in the Guthrie Store?" (My quilt stash)
I love this! My stash is always where I looked first for a starter fabric.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:33 AM

The only fabric I've hidden is recently purchased eagle fabric for a quilt for him (he loves eagles and follows the daily web cams)!! Want to do one of those that looks like you are looking through a window. Not sure how I will accomplish the "surprise" in our modest home.... I quilt in the living room... but I'll figure it out!