Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-05-2011, 03:19 AM

I don't hide purchases. More often than not he is with me, and sometimes I come home with more than I expected.

What I don't display are the ufos, those are just embarrassing.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:20 AM

No never. Actually every timen we go to the LQS he is the one encouraging me to get something.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:24 AM

I must confess...I fold my pcs of fabric very carefully in cloth bags and place them between the box spring and top mattress of my husbands bed. He hasn't noticed yet and I have been doing this for 30 plus years.
CJ
Old 08-05-2011, 03:25 AM
tmg

I get it in the house and put it up in our bedroom ( I don't have any extra rooms ) before he gets home from work. I even write it in the checkbook. If he asks what it is for I will tell him. I believe in the don't ask don't tell.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:25 AM

i never hide my purchases from my hubby, he just looks around and says i wont have to buy anything when he retires, I tell him, your right i wont. Hes great about my purchases, he even lets me know of a new shop he sees, when he travels for his job. Hes a good enabler, lol.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i never do either.

our relationship is built on trust and i don't see any point in being dishonest even when its something as meaningless as fabric.
I agree! I used to work at a quilt shop and one woman in particular told us she has stash hidden all over even in her husband's antique car in the garage. She says he never works on it or looks at it--I don't believe it, but she says it is filled! Honestly, I don't see the point of having so much. It will just dry-rot and that is such a waste of $$.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:29 AM

I always show him, eventually.......
Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 AM

mine thinks it's great that I can shop out of my stash when I want to make a quilt. he knows I only buy if it's on sale
Old 08-05-2011, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i never do either.

our relationship is built on trust and i don't see any point in being dishonest even when its something as meaningless as fabric.
:thumbup:

I earn a paycheck and we have no debt...he knows I buy quite a bit, but he also knows I sell and pay for most of it. He knows I'm very picky about what I buy. Every piece has a purpose. He's happy the quilting brings me such joy. He's my best friend. He comments now and then that I could open up a store right in my quilting studio :-D but it's with a smile. He'll be right beside me at the next craft show (#2) to lend a hand--to show support.

He's a peach--a very supportive peach. :-D
Old 08-05-2011, 04:24 AM

Kept the fabrics, ditched the spouse. Very happy indeed!