Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-05-2011, 04:54 AM

No, I never hide anything I buy from my husband. This is due to the fact that we married when we were older and I had my own money. We each buy what we want, sure keeps us from ever fighting.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:55 AM

Funny idea! My husband usually asks if I need to get any fabric and then offers to take me (even though I have my own car).
Old 08-05-2011, 05:00 AM

Sometimes I leave my stash in the trunk of the car if he is home, so he wont ask. if he is gone I take it put it in my stash, he never notices. lol

If he doesn't ask then I don't tell, nothing dishonest about that.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by crafty pat
No. He does not care how much I have. If I did try to hide it that would upset him. I always tell him what I spend and he does the same with me. It has worked well foe 53 soon to be 54 years.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-05-2011, 05:01 AM

Nope, he loves tools and and I love fabric, so its an even trade most times!!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:02 AM

Nope, he loves tools and and I love fabric, so its an even trade most times!!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:04 AM

My husband wishes I would. We live in a RV and there is hardly room to walk. I have stuff everywhere. Two grandsons are working on projects right now and we are busy, busy, busy. No where to hide anything.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:16 AM
amandaplants

It was suprising to me the amount of people that do hide things from there spouse. I never hide anyting from my husband, no matter how bad. Sorry for the people that have to feel they need to hide "fabric" purchases. Seems kinda silly to me. I buy way to much, most to be truthfull is just purchases that I end up just putting on a shelf and forgetting about, but when I see fabric I like I buy it. My husband goes to most of all the quilt shops with me, and he even picks some out. But as far as hiding, NEVER, if I did and got caught, that would probly be the end of my fabric buying days!

Old 08-05-2011, 05:17 AM

Nope, not hiding anything here. I don't see the point in lying to him. He doesn't care as long as we save money, pay the bills. He's actually the one who promised me a long arm or my 30th birthday in 2013!!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:18 AM

I don't need to hide any fabric from my hubby when it comes to purchases of fabric etc he also has purchased fabric for me. He gives me money every pay day of $70.00 to spend on things I need or want. Most of the time I put it back into the budget. Once I get thru with my physical therapy on my arm I am good to go back to work and can't wait.