Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i never do either.

our relationship is built on trust and i don't see any point in being dishonest even when its something as meaningless as fabric.
I totally agree with this comment. My husband encourages me to enjoy my quilting & often offers more money when my quilting buddy & I go on a "road trip". :D :D
Old 08-05-2011, 06:59 AM

Never hide my purchases...he keeps buying motorcycles and guns (ok, I like them too!!!) and never says a word about my stash. Then there is my 18 yr old DSS who thinks I have WAY too much of everything for only quilting for 3 years! But then, he hasn't visited your studio yet :lol: :lol:
Old 08-05-2011, 07:00 AM

No i don't hide it. If i say there's a fabric sale. I usually find money on the island the next day to go shopping. Every now and then he'll ssy money is tight this month so thats my que not to buy much.

He is so sweet. We go riding on our motorcycle and if we see a LQS he will stop and let me look. If i find something i want he pays for it. If he sees ads for retreats or shop hops he makes sure i see them. I went on a shop hop in the spring and he even printed out directions from one shop to the next so i could find them all. We've been together 27 years, he's definitely an Keeper.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:07 AM

I don't hide but he has no idea how much stuff I have. I have a pact with my sister. If I go first, she comes over to the house and takes all the stuff because hubby would probably just throw it and if she goes first, I go to her house before her hubby gets in there. I hope my hubby has something set up with his stuff because to me all the tools and stuff in the garage is in the I have no idea what that is for category.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:11 AM

It was easier TP just get rid of the old boy than fight about it ! Just kidding. No DH but when there was one he didn't care. No it os my 31 year old daughter who cares.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:11 AM

I never hide any fabric or anything else from my husband. I am so happy that I found something I like that I show him the minute I come in the door. He acts like he likes it to although I know he could care less about sewing "Stuff"
Old 08-05-2011, 07:15 AM

I don't hide it, but I take static about the quantity. This is a fact, but I haven't bought any fabric for months as I really stocked up at the end of last year. We don't have "his" and "her" money, it is our money and that is the way it always has been. He doesn't understand why I need another pattern, this is true; however, he does know that it makes me very happy and that seems to override the fact that I need another pattern like - well you know. I try very hard to keep things organized, but there are comments about how all the shelves are filled, etc. After 47 years I don't think my quilting addiction is going to change our love for each other.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:17 AM

No spouse, no problem :)
Old 08-05-2011, 07:17 AM

i don't bother--he even built me a big wheeled cart for big bolts. (i do occasional renaissance costuming, and have a stash of "big" fabrics for that.) when something comes in the mail, he just shrugs and makes a pile for me in the kitchen. he knows i'll see it there. i work, he's been retired for nearly 13 years.

i don't count his bicycles and power tools. (i gave up) he doesn't care about fabric, as long as the bills are paid and there's a meal on the table. win/win!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:19 AM

I never hide anything from my DH. He is with me most times when I buy fabric, as the only time I get to either Joann's or Hancock is when we visit the kids and grandbabies. We have no quilting shops nearby. I make some purchases on line and I tell him. He does not object. As he says I have tools, and you like to be creative.
Our marriage is love and TRUST.