Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-05-2011, 07:25 AM

I don't need to hide anything from him, in fact I like to take him along when buying fabric because he has a better eye for colors than I do.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

I did and I didn't. However, when we had to downsize to a 2 bedroom apt. I couldn't hide all my fabric stash and I was even amazed at how much fabric I actually had. It had been spread out over the house, plus when my sister moved to an efficiency apt ., I inherited some of her fabric, and when she passed away I inherited the rest. It was difficult to purge my stash, but I gave it to my best friend, she kept some and passed the rest off to a woman who makes quilts for children in hospitals. Fortunately, some of what she kept, I had to take back when I needed a backing for my family reunion quilt. She always told me if I needed any of it back to let her know. She's a good friend. My husband gritched about the amount of fabric bins that we moved, but he didn't saw a word when I made the family reunion quilt with fabric sent from my relatives and the rest of the quilt fabric I had in my stash.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 AM

i don't hide what i buy but i don't always flaunt it either. he really doesn't care. he has set up a fund for me to spend on quilt stuff. he likes to gamble so when ever he wins over $200 i get half of his winnings. usually i score about $150 to $200 a month. i don't use it all on quilting. it's just really nice to have a little cash of my own that i don't have to account for. also nice that i have a hubby that is good at cards.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 AM

I only hide them when I pick them up at the mailbox.... I make sure they are out of the envelope and in with the rest of the fabric before he gets home from work. The envelope is buried under other papers in the waste basket, and it's all good! :thumbup:
Old 08-05-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sewlmatesister
We share and trust...I can't imagine lying for any reason to my husband!!
Exactly.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:16 AM

They stay in the trunk of my car until, I can sneak them into my work room. From there they are old stuff! LOL
Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by miholmes
I do hide purchases at times.

I have a RAV4 and in the back there is a hidden trunk cubby. You have to lift up the cargo mat to get to it. It houses fabric and notions, as well as bargains I get for Christmas gifts etc. It is currently empty...but my LQS is having a Buy 8 get 4 free sale, so I see some fabric in there this week. :)

Mike, where in CR do you get your fabric?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 AM

No, he doesn't pay any attention to what I do. He never notices a new outfit, hair cut etc. so no problem here.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:03 AM

I hide it in the trunk of my car then wait for him to leave the house and then sneak it into my sewing room stash.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:14 AM

No, I have no reason to hide anything from my husband. For the last 30+ years we spend 24/7 together: Work, shop, play; we are never really apart. He is my biggest quilting fan; we shop for fabric together; he bought me my Janome Horizon 7700; he keeps an eye out for quilting books/supplies/vintage machines at yard sales, etc. I am truly blessed!