Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend >

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend

Old 02-17-2014, 02:50 PM

Well I managed to quilt my top but not very happy with it. I spray basted but still managed to get puckers when sewing. I was a bit disheartened and so did not get as much done. I have hand stitched the long bindings of four placemats so need to complete the short bindings and then bind my quilted top. Have no plans for tomorrow so hopefully can get motivated to complete the projects. Will post pictures but not close up of quilting!!!

Love what everybody has been working on such variety.

Looking forward to March VQW thanks Heather

Last edited by cannyquilter; 02-17-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:38 PM

Vera, I love the colors in your quilt. I've been thinking of doing a quilt in that same, tomato red/sunflower yellow combo myself. Very pretty!
~ Cindy
Old 02-17-2014, 03:43 PM

Well, I knew those 6" scallops were going to give me trouble and they did. I kept getting puckers at the edges. (See 1st photo.) I tore that out and then redid a few scallops, making sure that I did not pull at all on the double, bias edging and that helped a lot. (See 2nd photo.) It's still not perfect, but I'm going with it. I'm not done with the edgework yet, but tomorrow's another day. This was fun sewing with other people! I loved seeing what everyone else was doing.
~ Cindy
Attached Thumbnails bad-scallop-binding.jpg   better-scallop-binding.jpg  
Old 02-17-2014, 03:48 PM

Hilary...that selvage quilt came out mahhhvahlus dahlink!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:44 PM

DebraK,
Thank you ever so much for such a neat site. Guess I will try my hand at paper piecing. I'll let you know how I get along or maybe ask questions. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:00 PM

Ladies it has been such a pleasure sharing this weekend with you !!!! So many beautiful things...and some i'm still waiting to see, so please don't forget to post cuz i'll for sure be back to see your pics.
>>CoventryUK...LOVE that strip piece you're working on. That is a clever way to put the blocks together.
>>Tropit.....i think those scallops look great !!
I have finished assembling the last of the undersea blocks - the dolphins. I might add more plant life to some of them....but i am ready to start the hand applique. Thanks for all the nice comments along the way - and for the encouragement you all give just by seeing the possibilities that are out there to be created.
LATER GATORS !!![ATTACH=CONFIG]463034[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dolphins.jpg  
Old 02-17-2014, 06:02 PM

PS......forgot a special thanks to Raggiemom for hosting this party !!!!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:28 PM

Thanks for all the insprations this weekend. I finshed 4 small wallhangings just have to get the hangers on them.

Can't wait for the next one. I will be done with show I am working on. I work with a local high school and they are opening Sweet Charity the same weekend as the next sew in. I then will be working on a quilt for a fundraiser for a friend who just finished treatment for breat cancer.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Hilary...that selvage quilt came out mahhhvahlus dahlink!
Haha, Tropit!!! Thanks!!! You are braver than me tackling that scalloped edging....it's looking great!!! Good working with you !! See you next month!! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:26 AM

It was fun (and interesting) to keep up with everyone doing the VQW. One thing it did was get me going. Yesterday, I pieced a good portion of the backing for the Air Force quilt. Decided to use the leftovers on the back. Had to stop for an eye appointment, so didn't get it completely done. But I'm pleased with the progress made this weekend. Thanks to all for your inspiration.