Old 01-07-2010, 06:20 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention when I told you I was 53 that I have an 8 year old boy, 15 and 19 year old girls. They keep me young! And yes, I started late too!
Sarah in CA

Originally Posted by beckyw
Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
Will hit the big 50 in August & still raising my kids. Oldest (DS) will be 14 in February and DD will be 11 7 days later (still in February) Yes, I started a little late in life!!
I'm 55 and have a 10 year old son and two daughter 26 and 35. I'm ok with my age.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM

craftmama--we're the same age and I'm just getting one married this summer. Grandkids won't be for a few years yet, I'm sure. You got a head start!! :-D

cherrybsixty--what a beautiful photo you have in your avatar. Are those your children?? Good looking bunch!! :-D
Old 01-07-2010, 08:27 PM

76 come Valentine's Day.........

Hubby says that's why he married me !!!
Makes it easy to remember my B-day.

MJ
Old 01-07-2010, 08:54 PM

I'll be 64 years young this May. Not only have I lived longer than my mom and grandmothers, I no longer immediately think of that fact when counting the years.
Each day is a blessing :-)
Old 01-09-2010, 10:16 PM

I have 1 day left in my 6th decade. I told my kids a few years ago that they were closer to 50 than I am - depressed the heck out of them. DD is now 47, DS is 46.

Baren* - I started using an Apple at work in '81, got my first home computer (Mac) in '85. Friday I took a digitizing lesson for my embroidery machine. When we upgraded our Mac in '86, we gave the 'old' one to my folks. They joined the Mac Club in Tucson - they were in their 70s. My Mom loved Email and playing 'puter games right up into her 90s. So us 'older' folks don't have dust collecting on our brains!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:44 PM

I am lucky to be 44-45 in may. Lucky because I had a stroke at the age of 35 and nothing makes you appreciate life like a major illness. I try to learn something new everyday to keep myself sharp. I learned to sew a few years after my stroke, I learned to play guitar 3 years ago, and I took a class on quilting 1 1/2 years ago.....who knows whats next, but I look forward to it!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:06 PM

This is the strangest thing. I was just reliving other times like the '60's on one of the other general chit-chat forums and I just wanted to see if my avatar change would show up. And here I run on to this forum talking about age. Heck, I not ashamed of my age, I feel like this body has earned every year there and is still ticking on. My brain is another thing. I still feel really young in my mind and that is what gets me into trouble. My brother both tease and talk about how old and yet how young we feel. My sister is 14 years younger, so she is still a young thing!!! I sometimes wish I could have a do over in certain things, or a mulligan, but then that would change everything and I really wouldn't want to change anything. I'm pretty happy with where I am and what I've got. But then if I win that new house on HGTV this year like I think I will, I will be really really happy.:) It's not really the house I want but I love New Mexico, and that scenery there is great. I'm kind of tired of trees and corn fields and SNOW. HA. I'm not ashamed of my age, now what I look like is a whole other subject.:) Quilt for your happiness cause that's what it is all about. Bethy By the way I'm 59. Sixty in July. :-D
Old 01-09-2010, 11:19 PM

This is so funny to read some of the younger ones talking about how old they are and they are 10 or more years younger than me.:) I guess I was a real trip to people when I was 35 complaining to all these 20 somethings at work how old I felt. Quite a laugh:) Of course, my mother gets a big kick out of me complaining and then she clears her throat and don't I feel stupid. I have to agree though that younger and younger people are quilting and that makes me happy. I wish I would have done more when I was younger so that I wouldn't have use this old brain so hard learning things I could have learned when I was younger and really been producing some neat stuff. :) Quilt is my thing, and I feel so much younger when I finish something. Also I won't go any more balder from tearing out my hair. Bethy
Old 01-10-2010, 12:56 AM

I will turn 59 in May. I really had to stop a minute to think about it. In all honesty, I rarely think of it. I don't feel any different than I did 20 years ago. A little slower maybe, but that gives me a chance to really look around me and appreciate the things that I did't have time to look at before.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:03 AM

[quote=JoanneS]I have 1 day left in my 6th decade. I told my kids a few years ago that they were closer to 50 than I am - depressed the heck out of them. DD is now 47, DS is 46.

JOANNES.........Welcome to the 70s.........not too bad here......a few creaks here and there but better here then elsewhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the hardest things to grasp...was when my kids turned 50...

At times (most times) hubby and I do more running around than they do !!!!

Happy Birthday (a few days late)

MaryJane