Old 01-03-2010, 05:17 PM

I just turned 74 two months ago and am waiting for my hair to turn grey. Its almost embarrassing to see my three daughters with grey hair and mine is still dk brown. Why??? I don;t have a clue except my mom's hair did not turn grey until late 70's. I am in good health and my life is busy with grands and two great grands.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I'm 28.
I realise that I'm one of the younger people on this forum, but honestly I think it so cool that there are older folks who are just as computer savvy and up to date with technology to be able to keep up with the younger generation.
My grandmother could barely work a remote control for the TV, nevermind telling it apart from the one for the VCR. I guess I automatically assume that older people can't be bothered to keep up with technology and I was pleasantly surprised to find how many people here are of that generation and just as capable as the rest, and with more experience on the subject at hand than I!
Lol - guess which generation were young when home computers came to be? Guess which generation played with them, programmed them and improved them? Who were in their 20's & 30's when VCR's were invented?

I got my first PC over 25+ years ago and have used one almost daily ever since. I introduced computers & the internet to my kids, who are now older than you are.

But then again.....I still mess up on that damm mobile phone!

Cheers & hugs
Old 01-03-2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by IngeMK
Originally Posted by Eddie
I'll be 49 tomorrow (Monday)! :D
me too, lol ;)
happy birthday then, to you both!
I am going to be 45 March 3. I think. Yeah. I really do have to think about it, because I am still trying to decide what I will be when I grow up!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
And so are all you quilters 'regardless of age' sharing/passing along quilting to others? hope so, i just did. my SIL made her lst wallhanging from my stash, scraps.
Yep. I started showing my best friend this fall, we've done a few projects. I'm also showing my mother how to piece and quilt. I didn't learn to quilt from my mother, but it's fun to spend time with her showing her how to do these things :)
Old 01-03-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Blockhead
Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I'm 28.
I realise that I'm one of the younger people on this forum, but honestly I think it so cool that there are older folks who are just as computer savvy and up to date with technology to be able to keep up with the younger generation.
My grandmother could barely work a remote control for the TV, nevermind telling it apart from the one for the VCR. I guess I automatically assume that older people can't be bothered to keep up with technology and I was pleasantly surprised to find how many people here are of that generation and just as capable as the rest, and with more experience on the subject at hand than I!
Lol - guess which generation were young when home computers came to be? Guess which generation played with them, programmed them and improved them? Who were in their 20's & 30's when VCR's were invented?

I got my first PC over 25+ years ago and have used one almost daily ever since. I introduced computers & the internet to my kids, who are now older than you are.

But then again.....I still mess up on that damm mobile phone!

Cheers & hugs

I had a commodore 64 when I was a kid, I think those were among the first computers... didn't do much 'work', was mostly games and stuff.
Oh, we also had an IBM that had a black screen with green text, lol!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:29 PM
joy

I love all of this... please to see another in her 70's... there must be others too !!!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:43 PM

Blockhead, Good Point!!!!!!

We got our first PC about 28 years ago I think. A Radio Shack TRS-80 (also called a "trash 80") :wink: Our son was about 13 and I remember having to go in and wake him up one night because we didn't know to get out of a doggone program so we could shut the blasted thing off!!! :oops:

Since then, I 've been to back to college, first AD, then BS, finally Masters so I have spent the last 8 years with a laptop in my lap. Now I have an I-Phone which keeps me internet connected all the time. I am on the road a lot and it really helps....Oh did I mention my hubby got me a netbook for Christmas to use with my embroidery machine and EQ6???

Yep, you are right...I guess it isn't so surprising that those of us in our 50's can be computer/technology savvy...hadn't thought of it that way.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 PM

45 and loving it!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM

53. My mother just had her 90th birthday. She is always on the internet. She lived with us for a short time then when she moved back to her own apartment she complained how slow her computer was without the DSL.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:02 PM

52 and having a blast with my GD when old man arthur leaves me alone