Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Long Marriages------------ Thank you >
  • Long Marriages------------ Thank you

• Long Marriages------------ Thank you

Old 08-28-2010, 11:09 AM

May God watch over and help you and hubby.
    Old 08-28-2010, 11:36 AM

43 years married here ,was 16 years old when i married my husband everyone said the same thing we would not last long they gave us a few weeks lol,frist 30 where more down then up but i just continued to be a mom and raise my kids who are grown now my husband tells me how nice i raised our childern along while he was always at work and the best part for me to hear is my kids telling me mom how on earth did you do it lol,2 hardest jobs in world is staying married and raising children i think and thank god for.
    Old 08-28-2010, 12:50 PM

Like I said we have been married 41 years the 19th of May.
    You have to take the bad with the good. My husband is disable and I have to take care of him. It doesn't bother me because I think he would do the same for me. Like everyone says it takes work.
    Granny K
    Old 08-28-2010, 12:54 PM

We tend to forget in this crazy world we live in that love is not a feeling.... it's a commitment.
    Old 08-28-2010, 05:22 PM

I want to thank you for the kind words. I have been married to my loving husband for 31 years. Not all times wonderful but I loved him before I knew him and still love him today. I told my mother that he was the man I would marry in May. I only saw him across the yard at my sister. On Dec. 23 we had our 1st date and became engaged Jan. 1st. Married in June and have never considered walking away. He is my best friend and we do have fun together. Just came back from cruise and had the time of our lives. We both come from parents married 50+ yrs. I only hope that we can be an inspiration to our children that they may have a long happy marriage. Love and peace to all.
    Old 08-28-2010, 06:32 PM

We will be married 51 years Oct.5th. I was 15 lied my age and got married lacking one month of my 16th birthday. I had my first baby 15 months later, my son 16 months later, second son 11 months later and our youngest daughter 3 years later. I was a grandmother at 34. Everyone said our marriage wouldn't last six months and I was bull headed enough to prove them wrong. I won't say it was easy we had our ups and downs but it was worth the effort we put in to make it work. My husband is my best friend We are more in Love now than when we got married I can't imagine not being married to him . He always said he raised me to his way of thinking but I say I have just got him trained to mine. As long as you are not in a abusive relationship and truly Love each other you can work out your differences.
    Old 08-28-2010, 06:49 PM

What a wonderful testimony to marriage!
    Old 08-28-2010, 07:14 PM

I once read that if you marry the wrong person, 90% of your life is missery (sp?). If you marry the right person 90% of your life is a blessing. I married the wrong person first, very abusive and I divorced to save myself and my daughters. Married my 2nd husband the right man 14 years ago and have been blessed every day since then.
    Old 08-28-2010, 07:42 PM
    Ida

My DH and I will be marred for 46 years the 28th of November. We met in July, married November. One thing I will add: Commitment. When you are committed, you don't even think of divorce. You just love each other through thick and thin, hard times and good times. In recent years, Sickness and health. I commend all of those, like us, who have been married for eons. Keep God in the picture, and he will see you through everything!

Originally Posted by litacats
    My DH & I have been married for 46 years come December.
    we went into marriage without any thought of if it didn't work we would call it quits. we went into marriage for life, We have had our ups and downs, differing opinions on things from time to time. we were told it wont last more than 6 months and after 32 years of marriage my "DMIL" was still trying to break us up. we found the best things were.
    1) communication
    2) never go to bed angry.
    3) we have done nearly everything together.
    4) think of marriage as a rope 1 thread makes a very weak rope (thinking only of self). 2 strands make it a bit stronger(thinking of each other and each others feelings). & 3 strands make a very strong rope. (adding God and his principles into your marriage).
    Following these 4 steps will make a marriage strong enough to survive anything life can throw at you.
    Old 08-29-2010, 03:44 AM

Next month is mine and hubby's 42 anniversary we were married when I was 16 and him 21 both kids and we have had to do a lot of growing up those first few years and no it wasn't always easy but it was always worth the effort. 2 of our children have been married for over 20 yrs and the baby who is 33 has never been married yet but the girl he is with now I think is a keeper . My best advise is marry your friend because a love is great but sometimes you just need a friend that is easy to talk to but tell you that won't work and why and love you when you go ahead and do it your way