Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 08-24-2018, 12:41 AM

Darcyshannon, lovely blocks. I like the way you used Hav’s fabric. And that batik for Libster is very pretty with thecyelkiws. The way you emphasized Jaba’s floral works well. Can’t wait to see more! Cutting up an f8 for another person can be a bit intimidating at first. As you get used to working with them, you’ll get a good feel for which blocks you can make and which ones will require more than you have. Good work!
Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Terriamn, please let us know how the vet visit went.

Libster, it sounds like you are excited about your decision. I hope your downsizing process goes smoothly and you settle quickly into your new home.

Gram E and Kass those are such pretty blocks for SBG. The remaining scraps made me laugh. I was much more conservative with this being my first boom. Maybe the next one I will be braver.

This one is for Hav4Boys with her special red and black.
This one is for Joanelizbay who only wanted TOT white.
This is for Jaba using soft colors.
This is for Libster. The batik green I bought this year with no purpose and it worked perfectly in this block.
Hope these will work for you ladies. Until next time.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:15 AM

Some very pretty blocks this week. Great job everyone.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:08 AM

Poor old Rio’s immediate problem is two ripped pads and she is a licker so they are taking a long time to heal. She had her little adventure last week when she took off for a race through the campground. Must have injured herself then. Long term problem is her shoulder, either her cancer has spread or she has arthritis. She is on pain pills and we will wait and watch the shoulder.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

Nice work, DarcyShannon... your blocks look great!
Old 08-24-2018, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

Poor Rio... Hope she is feeling better soon. And I hope she doesn't earn the "cone of shame" for too much licking!
Old 08-24-2018, 05:39 AM

Terri, hope your doggie recovers quickly.

DarcyShannon, great looking blocks!

Kass, gorgeous block for SBG!
Old 08-24-2018, 06:52 AM

Ah. poor Rio. Am hoping that she's able to stop licking those paws so they can heal. Both my pups are lickers, particularly Connie, and they definitely need an E-Collar when this kind of thing happens. Oddly enough, my pit bull (the avatar) loves her e-collar. Go figure. Hope Rio's shoulder doesn't end up being serious. Sending healing thoughts for your pup.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Poor old Rio’s immediate problem is two ripped pads and she is a licker so they are taking a long time to heal. She had her little adventure last week when she took off for a race through the campground. Must have injured herself then. Long term problem is her shoulder, either her cancer has spread or she has arthritis. She is on pain pills and we will wait and watch the shoulder.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:14 AM

Darcy great blocks. If I am concerned that I won't have enough fabric to do what I want I draw out all the pieces I will need on a graph paper that I have drawn the size of the f8 on (usually one box per inch or one per half inch). If I am fussy cutting I cut the shapes I need out of freezer paper and press them to the f8 so I can make sure I have enough repeats that are usable w/ seam allowances and all. It is a little more work but usually keeps me from having to ask for more fabric. And I almost always cut it close.

Oh no I hope Rio gets better soon and it isn't a return of the cancer.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:24 AM

I've been playing w/ paper cut out shapes and paper windows on Terri's paisley fabric. Think I have come up w/ a plan for only 3 repeats. I'm going to let is marinate for a minute before the cut of no return.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:40 AM

“The cut of no return” is serious business. You’re letting it marinate for a minute. I’d still be letting it marinate a month from now! Anxiously awaiting the final block.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I've been playing w/ paper cut out shapes and paper windows on Terri's paisley fabric. Think I have come up w/ a plan for only 3 repeats. I'm going to let is marinate for a minute before the cut of no return.