Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 08-23-2018, 03:44 AM

Default Boom Biz - shipping

FYI, blocks are coming in already! Just a reminder that if your blocks are finished and you wish to ship early, try for an arrival date at my address no later than next Friday, August 31. If your packages cannot arrive on or before August 31, please hold them until the next shipping window opens a couple of weeks into September. If you do ship, I’ll need your tracking number. I rely on you to do that so I know they are on the way. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2018, 04:44 AM

Libster, you seem to have thought out your decision well so congratulations on knowing what is best for you. Think of all the free time you'll soon have when there's no more lawn cutting to do unless, of course, you get so involved in your new community with new friends that you're never home anymore! (I will wait for the new address, no worries. Won't ship anything until I know it's ok to do so.)
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
...Another bit of news from my homefront…….I have decided to move into a Senior Apartment Facility. The upkeep here is getting to be a bit much for me to keep up with. You would think there was nothing to sitting on a lawn mower and riding around the yard. Man, I feel like I've been beat with a 2x4 when I cut it off and stand up! I've thought about this for quite a while now and decided this is what I want to do. I'm going to have to downsize like crazy. On the bright side, I will still be near my family if I need them. Anyway, my sewing machines are part of me, so they go where I go. I'll be signing my lease tomorrow, but I'm going to take my time moving.

Janice, as soon as I have the new address, I'll get it to you. Wish me luck, Ladies.
GramE, your block for Pam is terrific!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
...One for PamelaOry. As I look at this pic I took the top lines look a bit tipsy. Might be how it is hanging. Gonna have to go back and check that!
Kassaundra, another beautiful block!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Sewbiz I got yours finished today. I barely had thread left from your fabrics, well I did have one 1 x 2 inch piece of the green left.
And GramE, you've done it again with sewbizgirl's fabric. Didn't it make you crazy as you got closer and closer to the end of the fabric? I'm always concerned I'll mis-cut when I know I've got to use almost every square inch of an f8. And that makes me more likely to mis-cut. Oh, dear. Great block!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Ha, I just realized the picture of the scraps is larger than the block!
For SewBiz

I had to laugh that Kass said she just had a tiny piece left. I had already taken a pic of the threads I had left!
Beautiful block, Kass.

Hey, I think that will free you up for more sewing time, Libster! Condensing my belongings would be hard for me though. We did it six years ago, when we moved closer to our kids but I could still pare down a lot, just how do you decide.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:59 AM

Kass and GramE both of your blocks for Sewbiz are spectacular.

Going home today for a couple routine doc appointments tomorrow then back out here afterwards. Plan to finish my last block and mail tomorrow
Old 08-23-2018, 07:20 AM

Libster - you will be able to show off all your blocks to your neighbors, and in the process, no doubt, meet up with other quilters! What an adventure.
Praying for Hawaii Islands. We know people who live there, and who are on vacation there. Who from our swap moved there?
Old 08-23-2018, 07:41 AM

TG, it was Bluelady that was going to move to Oahu. Looks like Oahu will get heavy, heavy rain and wind from this Hurricane.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:43 AM

Yes, Bluelady. I checked and she was active on the QB on 8/13 but doesn’t seem to be posting. Bluelady, if you are looking in on us, let us know how you are! Be safe in the coming storm. Hugs
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Libster - you will be able to show off all your blocks to your neighbors, and in the process, no doubt, meet up with other quilters! What an adventure.
Praying for Hawaii Islands. We know people who live there, and who are on vacation there. Who from our swap moved there?
Old 08-23-2018, 08:26 AM

So much for plans. My poor ole pooch is limping badly today. Our vet is on vacation and recommended another one the opposite way from home. She has late afternoon appointment
Old 08-23-2018, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Sorry Terri! Hope your doggie is ok.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:19 AM

Terriamn, I’m sorry to hear Rio is limping. Poor babe. Connie limps a lot when she over exerts herself, something she does frequently. Maybe like Connie, Rip doesn’t realize she’s getting a bit too old to play hard? Fingers crossed for a simple, easily fixed diagnosis.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
So much for plans. My poor ole pooch is limping badly today. Our vet is on vacation and recommended another one the opposite way from home. She has late afternoon appointment
Old 08-23-2018, 10:33 PM

Terriamn, please let us know how the vet visit went.

Libster, it sounds like you are excited about your decision. I hope your downsizing process goes smoothly and you settle quickly into your new home.

Gram E and Kass those are such pretty blocks for SBG. The remaining scraps made me laugh. I was much more conservative with this being my first boom. Maybe the next one I will be braver.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599979[/ATTACH]
This one is for Hav4Boys with her special red and black.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599978[/ATTACH]
This one is for Joanelizbay who only wanted TOT white.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599980[/ATTACH]
This is for Jaba using soft colors.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599981[/ATTACH]
This is for Libster. The batik green I bought this year with no purpose and it worked perfectly in this block.
Hope these will work for you ladies. Until next time.
Attached Thumbnails a80ad5ac-83c9-44b6-bb1a-5cc9b7c004e5.jpeg   4bfde306-6b40-491a-98d8-6cd246883d8d.jpeg   dbcc9ff4-2e73-4b1f-b4b3-7c09a2629c7e.jpeg   6ba92573-19bb-4782-b464-49f9433123a4.jpeg