Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
QB- Good and Bad >

QB- Good and Bad

QB- Good and Bad

Old 07-10-2011, 03:54 PM

I think we all agree that it is not the fancy machines, perfect thread, expensive fabric and other things that are too many to list that makes the quilt beautiful. We all do the best we can with what we have to work with. Your avatar is beautiful and if that is an example of your work you should be very happy with the quilts you make. That is a beautiful quilt. Seams to me like you have a lot of challenges in your life and it is wonderful that you still have time to quilt. Hugs to you. Lorraine
Old 07-10-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by mizkyp
Joy, you are a quilter. Fancy machines, 1/4 inch seams, and fabric dont make the quilt. It's the love that goes into the quilt that matters.
Happy quilting,
Margie
Ditto!!! I quilt just like you...but I do agree with you, some of the quilts on this board are truly some of the most beautiful things these old eyes have ever seen and I wonder what I'm doing trying to duplicate them, but someone like you makes a post that reassures me that it's the effort and love that I'm putting into the quilt that counts...not the precision of the seam or corners..or the quilting...Blessing to you and your family and to your quilts as well!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by mizkyp
Joy, you are a quilter. Fancy machines, 1/4 inch seams, and fabric dont make the quilt. It's the love that goes into the quilt that matters.
Happy quilting,
Margie
Amen, Joy! God bless you for the services you provide your family!

Hugs,
Carol :lol: :-D :D
Old 07-10-2011, 04:34 PM

You are a quilter. Fancy machines, expensive threads, etc don't make quilts. It is through hands and hearts that the most wondereful quilts are produced. God bless you for the things you are dong and may you always quilt, and do it just like you have been.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:37 PM

This is the first time I've replied to this site. You inspired me. If you don't think you're a good quilter, look again at the quilt picture by your name. It is spectacular! Really spectacular!! Keep on quilting and don't sweat the details so much. Life's too short.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:39 PM

Im with you, If I compared mine to some of them on here, Id never quilt again. Some of them are so intricate and beautiful. Mine are functional and made with love and gritted teeth.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:45 PM

Please just enjoy this board. There are no quilt police here, and your quilts are as lovely as any of ours. It the love of quilting that counts, not the perfection of the seams
Old 07-10-2011, 04:55 PM

I feel it is the love that goes into a quilt that makes it special. It is giving of yourself to design and make a quilt that someone will use and make them happy. My quilts aren't "showpieces" but I enjoy doing the best I can and not beat myself up if something isn't perfect. I quilt is made to be used, not hung on the wall, IMHO.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:58 PM

Fancy gadgets don't make a quilter. Think of the pioneers and how they quilted. They had to use whatever was on hand. I remember my gr-grandmother making comforts out of our old clothes. I know she did not have a machine and they were tied, but they served the purpose and I know she enjoyed making them. That is what counts. If you enjoy the process that is all that is important. God Bless you for being such a dedicated caregiver. May you have many more years of happy quilting!
Old 07-10-2011, 05:05 PM

I'm not anywhere near perfect, but I seem to improve with each block I make. :lol: