Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 08:23 AM

Oh what a wonderful day, got my dgd here with me for a few hours yet, she is singing all the songs she learned at day care and she is telling me her dollies are taking a nap. will have to take her back after dinner but she'll be back for another weekend with grandma.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:46 AM

WE MUST BE READING DIFFERENT COMMENTS I FIND MOST POSTS TO BE VERY UP LIFTING
Old 09-25-2011, 08:47 AM

Amen to that! We should be thankful that we have all the wonderful things available for us to quilt. For one, I am a H APPY quilter!!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:50 AM

We all have bad days and hardships to over come but I refuse to let these things take over or rule my life--So--I always try to see the sunny side of life "The Silver Lining" I am stopped by store greeters and told they love my smile -It perks up there day.even on days that I feel like the sky is falling I find something to lighten my heart to not inflict unpleasantries on others so when someone is rude towards me I am some what shocked but I am never rude in return.I say a prayer for them to help lighten their burden.Its their world and I'm just passing thru. So if I've posted a complaint on some ones rudeness its only to say how sad it made me. I send you all a Smile and I hope you all pass it on :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 AM

I love this board and see lots of encouragement and praises to others. Of course, we all do complain about something from time to time, but we are all human.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Angel
I love this board and see lots of encouragement and praises to others. Of course, we all do complain about something from time to time, but we are all human.
What an interesting and lovely quilt that you have in your avatar, Quilting Angel. Did you create that pattern/layout? I'd like to know more about it, especially if there is a pattern knocking about that I might get my hands on.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Barb44
I don't find a great deal of negativity here. But if we can't vent to our friends where do we vent? DH already gets enough of that. If no one ever complained I would think I was the only one having a bad day. If you don't like the complaints, don't read them. The nicest people on the web are on this board and this is the most friendly, supportive group I've ever been a part of.
I agree!
When I first came upon this thread originally, I thought it was about fishing
Old 09-25-2011, 09:24 AM

I love going into our lqs! It is so calming and she is so helpful. She is always willing to listen and offer help. I usually get there right about closing time. She has never ever rushed me. I tell her it's like a drunk that visits the bar to tell all his troubles....I go to the shop to just take a breather. Sometimes I don't even get anything but just going in is a relaxing visit. ;) So, if you ever want to have a nice experience in a little shop that is homey feeling come to Madisonville, KY. ;) Let me know so I can visit with you. :thumbup: BTW-it is our only quilt shop in town. Glad it's a good one! :thumbup:
Old 09-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

It seems to me like there are many more responses to the

"is my quilt ugly" and "I need to vent" posts

than to the

"I made a lovely quilt" and/or "Everything is going well" type of posts.

As someone else has said - this may be the only place for some to vent or get a sympathetic ear or reassurance. If you don't want to do a "there, there" - it's okay. Move on.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Froggy it seems as though this board is becoming detrimental to your well being, if that is the case maybe you should find other means of spending your time. I personally love this site, I have met great people with knowledge way beyond mine. If somebody is having a rough time, it's O.K. cause we have all been there and done that. Alot of times it is nice to have an ear to chew. Someone who can relate. Nobody can fix all the woes in the world, they have always been there, and they always will. I just hope when you hit a bump in the road, you'll have caring friends that will help steer you in the lines.