weird fears or aversions

Old 12-04-2010, 08:01 PM

I do this sometimes, mostly with kicking, just found out there is a neurological reason for it. Same neurons fire in your brain whether you see it or do it.
--------------------------------------------
When I see a monkey on TV yawning, it sets me off too. I yawn and yawn till my mouth aches and then I'll have to leave the room. I do NOT regret canceling my cable many years ago, it's nice and peaceful in my house now. And I only yawn when tired, or when someone, like this board, starts talking about yawning, so of course I'm sitting here with mouth wide open and.............
Old 12-04-2010, 08:08 PM

[quote=theoldgraymare]The sight of someone "dipping." That must be the most disgusting habit one earth. How can anyone kiss a partner who has been dipping?
------------------------------------------------
There's an old list of sayings that starts out as being advice.
Don't do this or that.

I always add "Never French kiss a man who chews" and of course the old "Never squat with your spurs on."
Old 12-04-2010, 08:15 PM

ROFL here I go again . . .
Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I do this sometimes, mostly with kicking, just found out there is a neurological reason for it. Same neurons fire in your brain whether you see it or do it.
When I see a monkey on TV yawning, it sets me off too. I yawn and yawn till my mouth aches and then I'll have to leave the room. I do NOT regret canceling my cable many years ago, it's nice and peaceful in my house now. And I only yawn when tired, or when someone, like this board, starts talking about yawning, so of course I'm sitting here with mouth wide open and.............
Old 12-05-2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
ROFL here I go again . . .
Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
OK I looked away real fast and didn't read it all the way, so far I have not ....you know...starts with a y. hahaha
Old 12-05-2010, 05:07 PM

I didn't look away fast enough. Y A W.............
Old 12-05-2010, 06:06 PM

ok here's mine: "Press 1 for English" If you live in the U.S. you should SPEAK English.
Using Ax instead of Ask.
People not speaking English when out in public. I think this is the rudest.
I cannot watch a movie & watch a scene where a woman is supposedly getting raped.
And the WORST is I cannot stand the ink on my hands from a newspaper! I have changed dirty diapers & cleaned up lots of messes in my life, but I can't stand the ink of a newspaper on my hands! I'd also like to comment to those who have a problem with people breathing heavy. Most of the time, not always, there is a medical problem behind it. I had pneumonia & it scarred my lungs & I have been on oxygen every since. Not because I want to be, but because of my breathing.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:05 PM

I haven't read all the posts yet, but I see a lot of mine in them.

I CAN'T STAND anything that has something sad about animals in it, even if I KNOW it will end well. Don't turn on any Lassie movies around me! Refuse to watch "Homeward Bound" or any shows like that. Walked out of Bambi a few times because I wasn't sure when his Mom would die.

Also, when I worked for my Veterinarian Dad, I hated cleaning drool off the exam tables! And people who complained about the bill even though they were told up front what it was going to cost.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:13 PM

That's easy. It goes like this.
"Mom" "Mom" "Mom" "Mom"........."Mom"
"What is it?"
"Never mind."

That makes me go crazy!
Other pet peeves (apologies to my American friends)
People who refer to the English language as "American"
Mispronunciation by television reporters. We had a weatherman who always said "as well too." I cringed every time.
The kid who is in every class who has to ask one...more...question.
Trying to get my son out the door in the morning. Not a cell in his body can be rushed. He MUST pet the cat, he MUST pet the dog, he MUST make sure his Lego is just right, etc. He's either OCD at age 10 or just slow.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
I hate the sound of people breathing. I know that I can't ask them to stop, but for some reason it just grates on my nerves. And snoring! Don't even go there!

The other thing that drives me crazy is the wrong use of apostrophes on billboards. As in, "put the book in it's proper place. That apostrophe means it is, and the "belonging to" form of its does not have an apostrophe. Or, like
"we are going to sing carol's for the holidays". ARRRGGHH!
So true! You'd be the perfect follower for the blog "apostrophe abuse." The only thing worse is seeing your own father's sign on that blog! Don't ask me how I know.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:43 PM

People lying or doing embarrassing things on reality shows. I can't watch. I feel bad for them.

I don't like it when clothes or bed linens rub on my wrists or neck. I remember being that way as a toddler.