"Weigh In"

Old 07-11-2010, 02:05 PM

Missy, exercise is a 4 letter word to me. I have been out in the garden almost everyday. We must water every day here, it doesn't rain much in this desert. I do have a treadmill but I come up with really good excuses not to get on it. Bad, bad me. :( Does moving your right foot up and down on the sewing machine pedal count??
Old 07-11-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Missy, exercise is a 4 letter word to me. I have been out in the garden almost everyday. We must water every day here, it doesn't rain much in this desert. I do have a treadmill but I come up with really good excuses not to get on it. Bad, bad me. :( Does moving your right foot up and down on the sewing machine pedal count??
I say YES Pat! LOL!!!

You are doing good. Keep on keeping on.

Missy
Old 07-11-2010, 06:12 PM

Hey, I have a new incentive. Spoke to my daughter today and she invited us back for Thanksgiving, since we couldn't make it back this summer. I'm excited. This is my newly skinny daughter, she is one half pound from her goal weight. A size 12 now, I'm stretching 14s, so need to at least get to her size, we were always the same size when she was in HS. So that might be the boost I need to get going and even do that 4 letter word. ha
Old 07-11-2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Hey, I have a new incentive. Spoke to my daughter today and she invited us back for Thanksgiving, since we couldn't make it back this summer. I'm excited. This is my newly skinny daughter, she is one half pound from her goal weight. A size 12 now, I'm stretching 14s, so need to at least get to her size, we were always the same size when she was in HS. So that might be the boost I need to get going and even do that 4 letter word. ha
That is so wonderful Pat! I think it will be big fun for you to spend Thanksgiving with your DD. I say that is a great incentive!

Missy
Old 07-11-2010, 06:52 PM

Hi ya'll
I'd forgotten about this thread.
I started July 1 at 151 dropped to 147 and the the next day was back up to 149 and I have stayed there now for 5 days :(
BUT this morning, I was able to get into a skirt I've not worn in 10 years...it was NOT tight and I also had to take my belt in another notch :D so... I'm not going to complain about not weighing less... I'm thinner :D
Old 07-11-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
Hi ya'll
I'd forgotten about this thread.
I started July 1 at 151 dropped to 147 and the the next day was back up to 149 and I have stayed there now for 5 days :(
BUT this morning, I was able to get into a skirt I've not worn in 10 years...it was NOT tight and I also had to take my belt in another notch :D so... I'm not going to complain about not weighing less... I'm thinner :D
Yay Leota!!!

Missy
Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 AM

You are doing great Leota!! Keep it up

How are you doing quilting memaw? Hope you are pressing past those difficulties. We are here for you!!

Pats8e8, wow under the zero and going down!! Doesn't if make you feel good to see those scales heading in the right direction? Stay encouraged too. My zero is close now and I am aiming for the same goal, UNDER ZERO!!

Missy, thanks for your encouragement and support!

laparshall congratulations on you 1.8 loss! You are doing so good too!! I did take my measurements again and when I compared them to 5 weeks ago, I have lost over 3 inches (6.2lbs). Which lets me know I am making progress and the scales are not the only way to see the results.

Thanks everyone for staying with us and for all the help we are to each other!! We can do this, together!!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D
Old 07-12-2010, 08:08 AM

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Walking even if it is on the dreaded Treadmill, will show results quickly. That is when I started missing the inches. Sometimes I absolutely hate the idea of walking on the treadmill, so I don't. But it increases your metabolism and helps to burn fat throughout the day, so I weigh those benefits against the not feeling like walking, and most times I really don't mind the walking. I always love the benefits.

I am 1.2 away from a Zero. My goal this week is to eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies each day. So far I have done very well reaching this goal.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Hi guys, had to search to find this, guess on one has posted recently. Come on, tell us what you're doing. I was down a half pound this week, better than nothing, still going towards that 5 lb mark. Sure is hot here, I should melt a lot of it off. ha
Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 PM

Oops, no one, not on one. :)