"Weigh In"

Old 07-20-2010, 01:16 AM

Hi Pats8e8! Remember that zero on the scales we have been working so hard to get under?LOL! Well, I am holding my breath till Thurs night..... I am under it this morning by 3lbs!! I weigh in at night for my ww meeting so I am not so sure it will show then.

It has been so hot here in Ohio too making it very hard to walk. One morning, in order to beat the heat, I was out on the track at 7 am! Walking is such a good way to burn calories. I have increased my time to 40 min and even added a few burst of speed walking. Have a good day everyone and hope to hear from others!! :D :D
Old 07-20-2010, 04:47 AM

LNeal. Good for you, I know what you mean about that weighing in later in the evening. I have the same problem. But evenutally it does show up. Enjoy that walking. Well the results are really something to enjoy. I am in a bit of a slump lately. I am maintaining, but I have lost my momentum. I hope it is just because of the heat, and will pick back up soon.

I am doing other activities like getting in the pool for long periods of time, it just doesn't feel the same as when I wake up very early and hop on that treadmill.

Look forward to hearing about you reaching your "0" this week.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:09 AM

laparshall just remember you have already come along way. This thread started back in Jan and you are still checking in regularly! I think that says a lot for your determination. I can say I have been through several slumps in the last 6 mo too and I know how you feel. Maintaining is a great way to handle them because after all that's what we are going to have to do when we are finished losing.
Be encouraged you will get past it. This is the crazy thing I have found out, when I eat a little more than I had been, I lose weight! The weeks I really try to limit my calories, I don't show much weight loss. As soon as I eat more the scales drop. My metabolism must be haywire.
:-D :-D :-D

Pats8e8 has been here from the first too and still encouraging us along! Thanks for your dedication to us and for your support. I miss the girls who posted with us and I often wonder if they will pop in again and cheer us all on. I am sure they are still lurking, but I want to invite them to tell us how they are doing.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:22 AM

LNeal: Thank you for all of the support you keep giving to all of us.

It would be nice to hear from others to see how they are doing, good, bad, or skinny.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:33 PM

Hi everyone!!!
I have been "lurking" around here the last couple of months just reading everyone's posts. This summer has been loads of fun so far....what a difference with 80 pounds off since last year!! Haven't lost too much the last couple of months but I am maintaining what I have lost. Hope to step it up in August to start losing again. I will be posting more regularly then. Keep going everyone....it is so worth it!!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:37 AM

quiltylori: Thanks for checking in. Maintaining is so important. Congrats. Let us know if you need any support, but please share suggestions on how you took off that many pounds. That is a remarkable number in one year. Many of us would love to hear your ideas on what worked for you. Thanks
Linda
Old 07-22-2010, 04:54 PM

I weigh in tommorrow morning, hope my double ice cream doesn't add on until Saturday. We had a bad day today, had to put our 14 yr old Lab to sleep. He was hurting and going down hill fast this last month. He went to sleep peacefully with his head in my hands. We both cried, DH and myself. Later we went and got an ice cream to soothe ourselves.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:34 PM

Pats8e8 sorry to hear of your loss. Don't worry about that ice cream, you should be okay. I went to my meeting tonight and had a 1lb gain. So much for getting under that zero. I could almost be discouraged by it but I know I have done good until today. I ate sorta big before my meeting, which I don't usually do :cry:
Just yesterday the scales ruled in my favor, so I will hang in there and focus on what I need to do next.
Quilylori you are an inspiration and I agree with laparshall, please share how you were so successful :thumbup: The rest of us need your support.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:11 PM

Yeah, I would love to join in. But do we really have to tell how much we weigh??? I keep bouncing around on the scale. I love to eat. UGH, I had to buy a bathing suit tonight. YUCK, I HATE DOING THIS!!! I love to swim and play in the water but I hate wearing a bathing suit.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
I weigh in tommorrow morning, hope my double ice cream doesn't add on until Saturday. We had a bad day today, had to put our 14 yr old Lab to sleep. He was hurting and going down hill fast this last month. He went to sleep peacefully with his head in my hands. We both cried, DH and myself. Later we went and got an ice cream to soothe ourselves.
So sorry to hear that you have lost your dear old pet. Having some ice cream is a very normal thing to do. In my life, I don't deprive myself of enjoying a treat if the situation warrants it. I am just watch a little closer during the week, maybe take a long walk together with your DH.