Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 02-01-2011, 07:32 PM

Thanks Edie! I am going to google her and I will try the stevia. I have always used sweet and low in my tea but I know it is not good for you. You ARE an inspiration. Have you always had this much energy??? :D
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM

If you can't find Leslie Sansome on TV, you can buy her videos and DVDS at any big box store. Most likely on Amazon, too.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Thanks Edie! I am going to google her and I will try the stevia. I have always used sweet and low in my tea but I know it is not good for you. You ARE an inspiration. Have you always had this much energy??? :D
Good Morning! My mother says (and she is 94) that I was born running!!!!!! I don't use Stevia, I use Truvia and from what I understand there is a difference in the taste. I bought the Truvia and have no aftertaste problem or anything. I have a big mug of tea in the AM after my exercise with Leslie Sansome. The google is to know who she is and what kind of dvds she has for the exercise. You can also download her program. If you have the exercise channel, that works better. I'll be honest here; my get up and go got up and went for the past six months, but I knew it was because I was carrying extra weight and after that first week when I lost ten pounds right off the bat, I could feel the energy coming back. Oh I did what I had to do and with my husband not being too well, I didn't want him to know that I wasn't feeling top drawer, so I just plugged along - if it got done, it got done, if it didn't there was always tomorrow. Now minus the 23 pounds, I really do have more energy. I am more alert. It is so nice to be told "Hey you look thinner". So I am going to continue and try to lose a little more weight - I would love to be 130 again. But I think those wrinkles would be a little more prominent, like under the chin and have to contend with floppy upper arms. So whatever the Good Lord says I should do, I'll do and be happy. If I am supposed to stay right here I will and I know I can do a lot more right now than I did 1-1/2 months ago. Maybe in a couple of months I'll try the Weight Challenge again, but in the meantime, I'll just plug along, eat my blueberries and dry cereal, my salads and I know that once in a while I can have my Subway Sandwich or a nice Manhattan from the doctor across the alley who says it is good for me. He also says a woman should have one glass of wine a day. There was a dr. on tv yesterday that said you should have a glass of Choco-Vine every day. (That Choco-Vine is really really good.) So if I listen to the neighbor doctor and the tv doctor, I should be in fine fettle.
And the neighbor doctor makes the best Manhattans in the world. He rubs a little orange zest into the glass and serves it with a cherry. So I certainly am not going to deny myself any of the pleasures of the world, but I certainly not going to gain back these 23 pounds. And Leslie Sansome and I can do it together twice a day and I will be a happy camper. Edie
Old 02-02-2011, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
If you can't find Leslie Sansome on TV, you can buy her videos and DVDS at any big box store. Most likely on Amazon, too.
Thank you for mentioning that. Edie
Old 02-02-2011, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Edie, You are an inspiration to me because I am almost 71. I am on WW and have not lost much in 16 weeks. I am a very busy woman but exercising is not really my thing. However, I am going to google that woman and see what she has to say about walking in place. That is a very good idea. Thank you for sharing your story.
Donna
I have learned that I really feel the same as I did 50 years ago. I am the same person, but I just don't hop over fences the way I used to. And I would never try. I really like the walking in the house. I love to walk, but I don't want to fall and end up incapacitated because my husband needs me. He fell last year and ended up having surgery for a broken arm. Had a plate and pins put in. Not me. Too busy. So, I'll just walk in the house.
You feel good after the walk with Leslie Sansome. There is always one foot on the floor and you do the whole thing standing. I like that. I love the way she says you should pull your belly button to your spine and lock in the core. It works, you stand taller and after a few times with the exercise, you want to make sure you know where your belly button is! Enjoy the day. Edie
Old 02-02-2011, 09:24 AM

Edie,
I googled Leslie Sansome and was amazed so I am going to order her CD and get started. I don't particularly enjoy walking the neighborhood in the cold. I have to lose at least 65 lbs. I know I can do it but WW is a slow process which is better since you can keep it off longer and I really do enjoy the meetings. We have a great group on this thread and I thank you for sharing with me. I am a very active woman like my Mom was. She passed away at 88 and only because she fell & broke her hip and in the hospital she got staff infection, pneumonia, and 2 months later she was gone. I miss her terribly as she was my encouragement. thanks
Donna G
Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 AM

Donna, I have the Leslie Sansone walking CDs. There is a 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile. They are good and they DO get your heart rate up and get you to sweating. Enjoy! Sandy
Old 02-02-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Donna, I have the Leslie Sansone walking CDs. There is a 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile. They are good and they DO get your heart rate up and get you to sweating. Enjoy! Sandy
Isn't she just the greatest thing to come across the Pike? I tried the 2 mile, but it was a little too much. The one mile is just great and I do it once in the morning and once in the afternoon. No sooner do I cool down, I can go on with something else, no need to sit down and rest for 1/2 hour, just keep on a'going! I know you will like it. If you don't have one, I certainly would recommend an Omron Pedometer. They have them at Walgreen's or probably any drug store. My sisters, Julie is 70, Ruthie is 63 both had one before I got mine. They manage to walk 10,000 steps a day. I am up to over 8,500 a day with the walking (2,000 steps is a mile). You do that twice a day with good old Leslie! The one I have is digital and it keeps your record for one week. You can set it to change to zero at 12:00 AM (hopefully you are in the arms of Morpheus by then) and you are all set to go in the morning. It also has a clock. I am one of thems that do things double - I have it clipped to my pocket and also have a string that I have attached to it clipped to my pants! Just so I don't lose it! (My sister has the same affliction!!!)

Good luck to all of you this month. I am still eating what I ate last month, exercising the same as I did last month and feeling so much better.

Pull that belly button to your spine!!!!!! Edie
Old 02-02-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Edie,
I googled Leslie Sansome and was amazed so I am going to order her CD and get started. I don't particularly enjoy walking the neighborhood in the cold. I have to lose at least 65 lbs. I know I can do it but WW is a slow process which is better since you can keep it off longer and I really do enjoy the meetings. We have a great group on this thread and I thank you for sharing with me. I am a very active woman like my Mom was. She passed away at 88 and only because she fell & broke her hip and in the hospital she got staff infection, pneumonia, and 2 months later she was gone. I miss her terribly as she was my encouragement. thanks
Donna G
Donna, actually, the excercise is very relaxing and it will surprise the heck out of you how fast you can adapt to the speed of the side steps you can do. I look forward to it every day.

We certainly do have a great group on this thread. Oh, that the world could be just like we are, eh? Honest, loyal, friendly, happy (most of the time), sad (some of the time), but just darn good old folks (not old old, I mean - you know what I mean!)

Have a good day! Edie
Old 02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED PLEASE POST COMMENTS ON THE FEB THREAD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you!!!!!!