Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
This is what I did this weekend while waiting >

This is what I did this weekend while waiting

This is what I did this weekend while waiting

Old 02-22-2011, 07:34 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by Teresa 54
I want to thank ever one for praying for me and your kind words, I don't think I could have gotten threw this without all of you. My mom died last night, yesterday, we played her music from her favorite opera Madame Butterfly. The wake and burial is this week.
Thank you again for all the support and understanding.
Teresa....my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have walked this path so often over the past three years with family and close friends. There are no words that can ease the pain, only grace and the knowledge that she is flying with the angels, pain free, will bring you healing over time. For my mom we played all of her favorite music during the last 36 hours, from John Denver to Andy Williams and lots in between. It is so easy to get caught up in all of the have-tos preparing for the wake and burial, please don't lose yourself in the process....allow others to take care of you and hold you. Blessings.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:52 PM

So sorry about your Mom, best wishes.
Rose
Old 02-22-2011, 07:59 PM

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Art is good for the soul so keep on going. Love your log cabin and the one is the frame. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way...
Old 02-22-2011, 10:56 PM
lue

Teresa, Bless you and your mom! Hang in there. I'm glad you have the solace of quilting. My mom passed away 2 years ago, the day after Valentine's Day. It's a difficult thing to let go of moms but I know that she is happy that you are nearby. Your quilting is truly beautiful and your mom's blessings will follow whoever is the recipient of your pieces.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:28 AM

I am sorry to hear about your Mom, I will put you in my prayers. My husband is aslo dying of tongue cancer, Hospice just tells me sooner then later. I have him at home with me per his wishes and mine if I can handle it. God be with you

Sue
Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sierra
Teresa, We lost my husband's father (it was unexpected and we were in the far north of the Yukon), and with the help of the Canadian Mounties we got to Arizona the night before his funeral and were there for his mother. Sadly his mother, who was busy planning how to cope with her new life didn't make his funeral, she had a stroke early that morning. She died a few days later. I think that sometimes people who have been married for so many years truly lose half of themselves when their spouse dies. This may be the case with your mother. It is a double whammy and you need to be gentle with yourself for a few weeks. Things start shifting into their place after a while. It is part of the fabric of life. Your love and sadness is also a part of that fabric. Your quilts are objects of love. Thank you for sharing them and your sorrow. Sierra
That is unbelieveable. Thank you for sharing, it must have been extremely hard traveling all that way, and being so sad, and your mother in law, how awful. Although my mom didn't think much of my quilting, I think that in the end she was happy I was there -quilting or not.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by nansue
I am sorry to hear about your Mom, I will put you in my prayers. My husband is aslo dying of tongue cancer, Hospice just tells me sooner then later. I have him at home with me per his wishes and mine if I can handle it. God be with you

Sue
Sue, I am so sorry, I think hospice is so important for us more then the person dying. The good thing is that they help with the physical pain,which makes it easier to deal with. I am praying for you, I know how hard it is, I know you are afraid to leave the house in fear that something will happen, losing a husband brings other issues and I am sure you are worried about making it- My husband died 8 years ago, lung cancer. So,
I feel your pain. My prayers are with you.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:19 PM

sorry about your mum, keep strong
Old 02-23-2011, 08:24 PM

So sorry about your mom, I lost my Mother last year. I was making her a wheelchair lap quilt in her last days. So now I think of her everytime I see that lap quilt. I got it finished and I hold it close to my heart very often. She knew I was making it for her and she was very please to have it even for the short 2days.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jacqueline m l
So sorry about your mom, I lost my Mother last year. I was making her a wheelchair lap quilt in her last days. So now I think of her everytime I see that lap quilt. I got it finished and I hold it close to my heart very often. She knew I was making it for her and she was very please to have it even for the short 2days.
Oh, at least you have the lap quilt, I made my dad a chenile lap quilt and gave it to him early dec 10th, he died dec 14th 2010 and I buried him in it because he was always so cold. I was glad I did it, even if it was only symbolic. I miss him so bad, especially now that my mom died monday night.