Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I don't mean to offend, but..... >

I don't mean to offend, but.....

I don't mean to offend, but.....

Old 11-17-2010, 08:54 PM

Someone said that one reading this board would have their finger on what's popular- not bad if you go to craft fairs to make extra money. You could make a ton of them and sell them off. You wouldn't have to like them personally if you know they sell well.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Originally Posted by Alisapao730
I agree! I love my bow tucks. I love the look and with the right combination of colors, it's attractive. they are light weight tons of pockets and more affordable than Vera Bradley! But some people don't like Vera bradley purses adn that is O.K. I do like Vera, but hate that fact that other people have a bag just like mine! This way, they don't. I have however, made mine a little more secure at the top, placing the loop on the front crowwing a loop in the back so I could thread it through and button to the front again. And use a big button,. You can also put a few snap buttons across, this is real cute! Really, in a nutshell, We all have different tastes and creativity's. How fun is that?!
Originally Posted by tucsonquilter
That's what makes this board so wonderful. We all like or dislike different things. I have the bow tuck pattern but have not made one yet. Showed it to my adult daughters and both just loved it and wants one made. I think it is a personal choice. There are some designs of quilts that I dont care for. But wouldnt it be a very boring world if we all liked the same thing and we all made exactly the same item?
Alisa, that's a really good point. I used to like Vera Bradley bags but didn't like seeing mine all over the place! I also got really sick of them. Making your own purse is so unique, you won't see a million other people with it !
I so agree, I have found that most women are that way. They like the fact that I can personalize a purse for them. Weather it be with hardware or embroidery, a certain fabric. However there are a select few that must have the name sewn in the inside. I can do that.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Power Poster

I made two and they were to "open" for me. I like more security, so I gave the pattern away and the purses too!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 PM

Never ever heard of a bow tuck bag before....what is that?
Old 11-17-2010, 11:49 PM

I for one think they are cute only made one. A friend of mine has made a lot of them, and sold them, and she laughing all the way to the bank as they have all sold for $45.00 each.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:36 AM

I don't see what the attraction is about the bow tuck bags either.
I'm a jeans and tee shirt kinda girl, I don't dress fancy either. I have 1 purse and that suits me fine. They're pretty, but not my style.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
I made two and they were to "open" for me. I like more security, so I gave the pattern away and the purses too!
I like my purse to have a zipper too, open bags just don't seem like a good idea.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:38 AM

I don't mean to offend, either, but I don't see the attraction either. I do anjoy seeing what fabrics people put together, though.
On the other hand, the X-bag has worked out so well for me, I think I've made 5 of them over the last couple of years. I made them seasonal. I've worn two of them out.

This board could almost use a section devoted to bags!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:12 AM

Can you add a zipper to a BT purse? Just curious....I even have a zipper on the tote bag I use most.

Originally Posted by gls234
i will not carry a bag that does not close securely. Just lost my Ipod touch using a pet screening bag that I made. So no more open tops for me
Old 11-18-2010, 04:55 AM

Agreed - I would never use one but see why others do.