Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >
  • On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

• On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 01-06-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    My favorite part is the design and puzzle solving, now that that is over and it is the tedious sewing, I have some fabric that keeps calling me like a Siren, so far I have held strong, but it is for two one block wonders that are different then any I've seen, but I know if I stop the mystery and start on one of those I will have another ufo on my hands, hopefully I'll keep staying strong.
    I have done that before also, trying to make myself get through the catch-up cutting I fell behind so I have only 12 blocks done. I got the fabric starched to night so maybe I get it taken care of this week.
    One of my problems is my DH got me a Accuquilt Go with 8' cube for Christmas and it is really calling to me. I did cut the binding for my GD quilt I gave her last week, a late Christmas gift. It went so fast it was great.
    Old 01-07-2018, 12:05 AM

Yikes my QB site jumped a whole day while I was typing my last reply it must be because I was watching from my cell and the came to my laptop to type. I have some big catching up to do.

.AmyBible love your quilt colors
    Kristi great first block I bet you are much farther along now.
    Macybaby Just Wow lovely
    SBG How big did your quilt finish using 30 blocks? W/o borders.
    Krisb wonderful colors I see blackberry's every time I look but maybe it's my monitor.
    Hope I did not miss anyone, I think we are all doing great, helping each other over the hurdles And trying to keep motovated (me).
    Old 01-07-2018, 04:36 AM

Oh SBG, that border is fantastic. I am amazed at all the creativity on this board! If I ever get to sewing on this again, I want to incorporate your idea for the border. Of course, I've thought that about everyone's ideas.....
    Old 01-07-2018, 06:55 AM

Sewbizgirl, Deb Tucker calls that a combination unit (and of course, she has a trimmer for it, LOL).
    Old 01-07-2018, 07:00 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by joe'smom
    Sewbizgirl, Deb Tucker calls that a combination unit (and of course, she has a trimmer for it, LOL).
    Thanks. I have a trimmer for it too... my 3.5" square ruler! That's really all you need.

My border was the same as the Merry Mayhem NYD mystery quilt. I've seen it used as a border before, tho, as I'm sure you have too. I tried to give a friend the link to the MMMQ and just that quick it's no longer free! You now have to buy the pattern.
    Old 01-07-2018, 07:07 AM

Love everyone’s blocks and ideas...I was almost caught up but decided to jump on an airplane after our huge Nor Easter storm on Thursday to go to California so I could meet my new granddaughter. She was born just before Christmas. I will be here all week enjoying the warmer weather, sunshine and my beautiful family.
    Old 01-07-2018, 07:41 AM

Congratulations on your new granddaughter, jmoore! Warmth and sunshine sounds wonderful.
    Old 01-07-2018, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore
    Love everyone’s blocks and ideas...I was almost caught up but decided to jump on an airplane after our huge Nor Easter storm on Thursday to go to California so I could meet my new granddaughter. She was born just before Christmas. I will be here all week enjoying the warmer weather, sunshine and my beautiful family.
    Congradulations jmoore A new little quilter is born. I bet the warmth of your love could melt all that snow you have back East.
    Old 01-07-2018, 09:45 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by jmoore

Sounds great! Congrats and enjoy that new grandbaby.
    Old 01-07-2018, 09:47 AM

opinions please.

I am thinking of substituting green in the sashing to tone down all the lavendar. in pics sashing is not sewn.[ATTACH=CONFIG]586723[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]586724[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 20180107_113341-1-.jpg   orl2.jpg