Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 09-08-2017, 05:01 AM

I want a video posted of the dancing delivery guy. G-rated I hope~ LOL

My daughter is on the FL/GA line and she said she can see the lines start for water and gas already with so many from FL coming north. She says she's stocked, but what does a 21 yr old (who knows it ALL) really mean with that? Ugh! Being a mom is stressful! Wish she'd come home for a few days. My prayers are with everyone battling hurricanes, tropical storms, flooding, fires, and earth quakes. And here I was a few days ago complaining about the cool weather. Makes me humble.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:46 AM

My mom and sis live in north Florida, and as of this AM, the storm looks to head directly up the middle of the state and hit them. My mom isn't taking it seriously because she claims they have never had a hurricane hit her area as long as she's lived there. At least my sis is making sure to take care of her and keeping things battened down. I don't think they are going to evacuate, the roads are jam packed with people from the south fleeing north, and I think they will be safe enough if they hunker down and take precautions.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:41 AM

Our house is in Mulberry, 1 mile from Lakeland. Inland about 25 miles from Tampa. My stomach is doing flip-flops for sure, I guess Sunday into Monday we'll know if we still have a house. They are evacuating parts of Tampa today, hard on this old ladies nerves.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:07 AM

Oh boy, Mel. I am so glad your sister is there to help out! Oh those "old timers" "knowing it all". Heavens. They give us kids a migraine sometimes~

Jaba....crossing my fingers for you. Hopefully nothing happens that can't be taken care of!

My daughter (FL/GA line) just texted and said Moody AFB is setting up a FEMA area!
Old 09-08-2017, 11:34 AM

Prayers going out to those in Irma's path.
hugs,
dj
Old 09-08-2017, 05:56 PM

So many connections with folks and family in Florida! Yes, prayers are needed. I have family in Fort Meyers, Panama City, Tallahassee and on and on. I have heard from Ft. Meyers and the Tallahassee gal has traveled north to a more secure and safe site with her kitties. Enough with this weather! And whine, whine it is only 65 in September here in Michigan. We are usually in the low 80's yet with tank tops and flip flops. Jeans and a sweater today. 50 degrees when I went to work this morning. Weird weather all around. Keep in touch all as you can.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:42 AM

Been watching and praying for Florida as well. My son and his wife are just a bit south of Orlando. They did not evacuate. They have prepared the house and themselves and are ready to see it through.

My son-in-law is from the Houston area and had family there that were affected by Harvey with damaged homes. Sadly, he also lost a cousin to looters that shot and killed him. My SIL and daughter live in MD, so they're okay.

The weather here in central NY is surprisingly cool. Hubby and I took a 4 day weekend. Yesterday was our 32 wedding anniversary. The plan is to relax and just enjoy being with each other. We spent the day yesterday traveling around, stopped at an apple orchard, some antique shops, a quaint diner for lunch, etc. Even slipped in a quilt shop. I picked up some 30% off specials and they even added my husband's 15% military discount on top. Got 45% off my total! I love the NY Fingerlakes region...so much to see and do.

TrishB - sorry I missed sending your birthday wishes. Sounds like you had a fun day!

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your loved ones with this crazy weather and wildfires!
Old 09-09-2017, 10:59 AM

Reporting in from Oregon. One fire is east of me about 50 miles and the wind blew lots of smoke at us from it. Plus more fires are burning to the south with 31 in all. The biggest fire and the others have blown lots of smoke this way over the past week or so. Yesterday was the first clear air in this area. So nice to be out and about with clean air to breath. We have also had the 2nd hottest summer recorded in NW part of Oregon, I live 25 miles sw of Portland. I have gotten in lots of reading and sewing with all the staying home.

On Thursday I received a card and candies from Nelco, Thank You very much.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:26 PM

yes Trish it was a nice to be out and able to breath again and to see blue sky's. We were getting all the smoke from south and Bend area.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:52 PM

Hi everyone,
Hope you all had a nice weekend.
Pretty much stayed home and got a few things accomplished (not quilting) and watched a lot of TV on the hurricane coverage.

I like to have the info the reporters are telling us but I think it is insane to be standing outside in the awful weather. I think it would be fine to just show us what is happening and stop telling everyone to stay in the house while they are being pulverized by wind and rain and flying debris. Someday it will be sad news when one of the reporters fly away!

Trish I have you waiting on one more package is this correct?