EQ7

Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM

We have some quilters in our guild that use the EQ. They all seem to love the program as a matter of fact one lady was telling me she just got through not to long ago taking a class on EQ6 on quilt university.

I've been thinking about getting it EQ7 and taking the class when it starts again.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:40 AM

I have to say, I have been using EQ since version 4 and I wouldn't want to do with out...I like that I can create patterns easily, or take an orginal pattern, draw up the blocks and have the ability to scan in the material I want to use for that quilt and actually get to see if the colors I picked will work, or being able to show people what their quilt will look like with the material they picked...the possiblities are endless and there is sooooo much help out there to learn this program, there is even a yahoo group...Go to the Electric Quilt site and view the videos that are available that shows the capabilities of EQ
http://www.electricquilt.com/
they have videos to view for version 5,6 and 7....
Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by babyboomerquilter
Can some one say what EQ7 is?
Hi

EQ7 is Electronic Quilting (version)7, it is a quilting software which is used to create and design different quilts and blocks. It costs approx $190 plus tax and whatever else can be thrown in.

TreeFrog
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by btiny36
I have to say, I have been using EQ since version 4 and I wouldn't want to do with out...I like that I can create patterns easily, or take an orginal pattern, draw up the blocks and have the ability to scan in the material I want to use for that quilt and actually get to see if the colors I picked will work, or being able to show people what their quilt will look like with the material they picked...the possiblities are endless and there is sooooo much help out there to learn this program, there is even a yahoo group...Go to the Electric Quilt site and view the videos that are available that shows the capabilities of EQ
http://www.electricquilt.com/
they have videos to view for version 5,6 and 7....
btiny

Thank you so much, I am at that site right now, and am looking it over! I am going to speak to my husband about it and tell him that I want it! lol I am sure that I will get it!

TreeFrog
Old 03-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz
We have some quilters in our guild that use the EQ. They all seem to love the program as a matter of fact one lady was telling me she just got through not to long ago taking a class on EQ6 on quilt university.

I've been thinking about getting it EQ7 and taking the class when it starts again.
Clsuz
Well, that sounds like a good thing to say about it! I think that I am turning from a maybe to a yes, I need it! lol

TreeFrog
Old 03-07-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by peacebypiece
Similar software for free:
go to www.cosman.nl/forum. There is a free software called Quilt Assistant that is very similar to EQ.
Peacebypiece

Thank you so much, I am on my way there right now!

TreeFrog
Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 AM

I have also used EQ since ver 4. I got EQ7 and designed my latest project in it. One of the features I love the most is the ability to be able to scan your fabrics into the program. I can honestly say that the project turned out looking exactly as I had designed it with the fabrics being scanned into the computer. This way I knew exactly how much of each fabric I would need to finish the project and for a few of the pieces that was crucial as I only had small pieces of a few of them. I love the program. Takes all the guesswork out of the finished project. Ann in TN
Old 03-07-2011, 04:02 PM

I just received an e-mail from EQ. They are discounting the EQ7 upgrade for people who own EQ6. Also there's a special offer for EQ5 owners "They want you back" as the ad says.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:12 PM

I have been wanting the EQ7, but don't want to spend that kind of money. I recently bought the Quilt Wizard which is made by Electric Quilt. I really like it and imagine I would have loved the EQ7. But I only paid 16.97 for this one on Ebay and I am very happy with it.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:24 PM

I bought Quilt Wizard but it didn't do what I needed it to do, so I finally plunged and bought EQ6. I LOVE this program!

I upgraded to EQ7 as soon as it was available and I have added a few programs to it - Blockbase, Dear Jane, Baltimore Album and a few volumes of Quilting Designs.

I love being able to see what my quilt will look like in my fabrics - I can move colors, rotate the blocks differently, try different border treatments, fussy cut, recolor individual patches or all patches of a type...

The ability to print rotary cutting charts, templates, placement diagrams, quilt diagrams, yardage charts with swatches... it's as much fun as quilting, itself! :)