Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 AM

Breakfast - Instant cream of wheat/oatmeal
    Banana and milk

Lunch - If I have it its usually a subway s/w

Dinner - Pasta, fish, hamburger fixed a different way,
    casserole, tacos, baked pork chops or chicken
    with salad, a veggie, mashed potatoes, applesauce

Nite time snack - a dry english muffin with jelly

For dinners I try to make it a variety so we won't get tired of the same thing.
    Always searching for new recipes.
    Old 03-17-2011, 03:13 AM

In summer ,either left over fruit salad or a banana for brfast.I'm not hungry in the morn.
    Lunch is usually a swich of tuna salad,lunch meat or cheese,with a side of chips or veggie sticks.In winter we have a lot of veggie & bean soups.
    Supper is a meat,starch & either veggie or salad.
    We're trying to eat our main meal as a late lunch,& just have a light snack later in the day.
    Old 03-17-2011, 05:58 AM

For years I cooked and baked for everyone and loved it! ..The past year I suffered with debilitating acid reflux and most likely will have surgery to restore the damage within the next couple of months...I certainly cannot eat what I use to. However I still make something different at least 4 nights a week for dinner. I don't eat breakfast, never have. Lunch is my favorite meal so I try to make a different sandwich every day. I get alot of recipes off Food network. Paula Deen, Giada Delaurentis, Sandra Lee to name a few. I have my own recipe for "chimichangas with boneless chicken..taco seasoning and melted cheese, lettuce, sour cream and salsa.
    Old 03-17-2011, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
    Wow you all are some healthy eaters!

i am the typical old fashioned farm wife cook. meat, potatoes,homemade noodles, vegies, buiscuits or bread.... Ugh no wonder I'm fat!
    Oh I am the same here..and I also cook everything from scratch. I have three sons, and their wives are not happy campers sometimes about not being able to buy box/canned foods to make. ha ha ha I have never bought a box of Kraft mac and cheese yet.
    Old 03-17-2011, 06:46 AM

Since my children are all grown and gone I just let my imagination run wild. I love to cook so am constantly dreaming up recipe enhancements. Love being spontaneous and can get most meals on the table in 30 min. or less.
    Old 03-17-2011, 06:53 AM

i am the typical old fashioned farm wife cook. meat, potatoes,homemade noodles, vegies, buiscuits or bread.... Ugh no wonder I'm fat!
    I'm relating to u sista! This is how I still cook too! Love the home made noodles!
    Old 03-17-2011, 09:05 AM

I love answering "What's for dinner?" with I'm sewing what ever you fix. We both retired and here all the time soooo now he is a pretty good cook.
    Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM

Maybe we're all related:) I grew up cooking like Grma & Mom.....all was fattening,good eating cooked from scratch.Home made everything wasn't anything to make a fuss over, cause we all cooked the same way.Never saw canned soup till I was grown.To this day there is canned soup & real soup :)......but I also have a couple Grkids who prefer boxed mac & cheese.:thumbdown: Grpa & I just keep on eating what we always ate.Today it's ham & bean soup.Used extra ham to make ham salad for family.It never goes to waste.

Originally Posted by QuiltingrandmafromMi

I'm relating to u sista! This is how I still cook too! Love the home made noodles!
    Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM

I hate to cook!!!!!!! Get by with the fastest, easiest way possible. Lots of fruit and veggies. Cold cereal. Boxed dinners, pizza, and whatever else that I can find that I don't have to spend a lot of time fussing over.
    Rita
    Old 03-17-2011, 10:35 AM

I love to cook and I love to eat! But I try to make every meal as healthy as possible. On the weekends we have an "egg" breakfast on Saturdays, and an "oatmeal" breakfast on Sundays to make up for the eggs the previous day. But even out egg breakfast is very healthy: an omelet in which I remove half of the egg yolks and add onions, mushrooms and spinach, along with lowfat turkey sausage, and grits, no butter or cheese.

I pack our lunches every day to take to work. Dh gets a sandwich on WW bread and a little lowfat mayo or mustard, homemade pickles, a vegie - usually carrots, and a piece of fruit. I make myself a super salad, dark green romaine or spinach, fat-free feta, carrots, grapes, RED cabbage, sun-dried tomatoes (which I grow and dry myself) and whatever other vegies I might have in the frig or in my garden.

Dinner is usually fish or chicken with an occasional piece of pork or beef to make DH happy, a LOT of vegies and some brown rice, potatoes, barley, or WW pasta. If I make a sauce for the pasta or rice, it will be homemade with my own tomatoes, or with fat-free cream cheese or fat-free sour cream. Like someone else said, I can have a very healthy dinner made in usually 30 or so minutes.

Very seldom do we have a dessert, although DH sure would like to have them much more often!