Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • slump >
  • slump

• slump

Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    OH you are in BIG trouble now..Lisa & I were posting at the same time and we both have the same idea as to how to get you motivated *L* :-) Linda B.
    lol probably a double butt kick is just what I need
    David
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:28 AM

fresh air and seeing the grass turning green and the blue sky and feeling the warm sun shining on my face all gives me a little lift...

and i bring my pretty fabrics outside too because they may just sit beside me or i may actually feel like picking them up...

but sounds like you got the "blues"...so maybe blue sky and blue fabric wont help lol
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:32 AM

i'm in the same place David, altho, i know the reason begind mine. ( recent death of father, a cyst removed from right hand, and a broken left arm )*insert pitiful whine here* not to mention a terrible shortage of fabric/supplies.

I think it would cheer me up and get me kick started, if i just came and gathered up ur stamps/ squishies, fabric, macines and just cleaned up all that for u.....yep that would cheer me up!!!!

*hmmm need to think on this plan ome more..... cleaning my sewing room is how i broke my left arm ( sewing arm)* .......thinking....... thinking.......yea, getting all that cool new stuff and fabric to my hearts content would be worth a body cast!!!!!
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 AM

Sometimes we all need a break. When I get in a slump I try to do just one little quilting related task each day. It might be straightening up my sewing area, cleaning my sewing machine, sewing one or two seams, re-arranging my fabric. Stuff like that. And try not to feel guilty. It'll come back.
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 AM

Sometimes I just need to play in a different medium for a bit. Doing something else can often lead to an idea, color scheme, or just a burst to get over a hump. My alternate project it often knitting or in the stamping/mixed media area. I do so much quilting by hand that a little bit of instant gratification is a breath of fresh air.
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:40 AM
    Power Poster

Maybe getting in and do the swaps...They are kinda hanging over your head. Then promise yourself when they are done you can jump in to a project just for the pure joy of working on it. April Connecting Threads sale paper came today.....I have spent my morning looking at it and seeing what I can't live without!:)
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 AM

Set a timer for 15-20 minutes and just go do something in your sewing room, sew, organize, cut, whatever, when the timer goes off, go do something else and hopefully by the end of the week you'll be back to your creative self.
    Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 AM

Slump??? maybe it's just a short battery recharging break.

If you don't get to sewing soon, then you'll HAVE TO clean the refrig...yep, under it too, on top of the cabinets, even delve into the old oven with the rubber gloves and stinky spray. Worse come to worse, you'll have to clean each leaf on the silk plants....oh, did I forget to mention all of this stuff will happen at MY house????

Jump back on that horse and get to ridin' high.
    Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 AM
    Power Poster

When I get the sewing blahs I make myself sew something. It works for me. The fun comes back very fast when I'm actually sewing something. Once I make myself sit down and start sewing a block I'm cured.
    Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 AM

I'm with ya on the slump. Just keep cruising this site wishing I could do half of what some of you do. I think I need spring!