Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever had a problem with make-up? >

Have you ever had a problem with make-up?

Have you ever had a problem with make-up?

Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Hve you changed face wash, lotion, or even laundry soap? It may be something else that you have switched recently :D:D:D
Old 04-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Banned

are you using a NEW bottle every 6 months? Products go bad, especially after being exposed to air!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:08 AM

Scaly skin like you mentioned can be psoriasis. I can only use hypoallergenic products and even some of them bother me. I did find a great product that seems to help with many types of skin irritation. It's called Freederm. You will likely look at the website and think "it sounds too good to be true" but it really works! I've been using it for about 6 years now and love it. I used to have a raised rash type of bumps all over my face. Within a few days, it was tremendously better. Much better than the prescriptions I had from the dermatologist. Here's a link:

http://www.freederm.com/

I'm not affiliated in any way, just a very satisfied customer.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:14 AM

I sometimes get this without wearing eye makeup. On my eyelids. I just keep them clean & use Aquafor on them and it goes away. If you think it is makeup, it might need to be replaced. Eye Shadow & Mascara is bad about germs & bacteria. I have had to go to Lancolme makeup. I do switch brands of face wash & face cleaners once every year. I alternate with Lancolme & Origins. Good Luck and I hope you find the source of the problem.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:22 AM

I have sensitive skin and found that using Mineral make up is great for that. Even though you are having a reaction to Avon, they do have a line of mineral products. Almost all manufactures offer "mineral" products. My biggest problem is I can't seem to get my lipstick on straight any more.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-180408.jpe  
Old 04-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

My problem is that I look like a cheap hooker when I wear it....or a total stranger looks at me from my mirror. :mrgreen:

Could it be that your applicator is dirty and needs replaced or that your brushes need to be washed? I actually had a reaction from that before.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:27 AM

See this in our office on occasion. Yes, you have an allergy to something in the make up. Did you know that formaldehyde is in most make-up? That is one of the chemicals that we test for in our office that people react to.

The way you describe is usually the reason that people come into the office for testing. Your body has just built up enough anti-bodies to start having physical reactions. STOP using immediately. Any other make up that has the same ingredients may cause you the same problem.

Be careful what creams you use around your eyes to clear this up also.

I know how irritating it is to have some thing like this start. Good luck on your search for make-up replacement.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

A great place to buy skin things is: www.thebodyshop-usa.com.
Or just google bodyshop.com. Lots of variety. I have used their products for years, and I love them! No reactions! I like the "Aloe Vera" scent for the face cream and body butter. Very mild scent.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:13 AM

body shop is a great place to buy skin products, some can be pricey but it's well worth it!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:35 AM

Avon could have changed their chemical makeup or you did ;-)

I used all different brands of makeup years ago. But with my Lupus, first I would sweat it all off by noon. And then - in what seemed like overnight - my skin reacted violently to the makeup that I was using. And I still have the scars/discoloration from that occurance. And I have not really worn makeup since.

The discord side of my Lupus is usually very well under control with the occasional butterfly rash, if I don't antagonize it. When it does start up, I can be sure that I will have an overall flare that will leave me hospitalized. The last time was from what I thought was a simple sunburn.

It will have to be something REALLY special (like when my son gets married) for me to try makeup again. I figure that my health is more important that 'putting on a good face' for everyone else.

FREE Quilting Newsletter