Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • 4th july sewing day for me, what about you? >
  • 4th july sewing day for me, what about you?

• 4th july sewing day for me, what about you?

Old 07-01-2012, 10:45 AM

If the kids come over, I'll spend time with them. If not, I'll probably be cutting/sewing and/or watching NetFlix movies. Am seriously considering moving my sewing machine into the house, temporarily. Right now, I sew out in a shed.

I'm hoping and praying none of our neighbors will shoot fireworks, around here.
    Old 07-01-2012, 11:42 AM

I am planning on sewing that day too. I usually have a get together with our family because we have a pool but I had a baby sprinkle last weekend for our daughter and with spending all the money for food for that, I said I'm not having anything on the 4th. Our oldest son and family are going to the beach and our daughter and sil have to work that day so there is no real reason to have something anyhow. After our super busy week last week, we are ready for a break and a rest!! Happy 4th to all of you!
    Old 07-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    I will be babying my poor poodle, just like I have been for the past few days. I really wish people would save their fireworks for the fourth instead of every single day!!!
    It used to bother my dog something horribly!!! I could not leave him alone because he would destroy the house trying to get out. One time talking to my vet, he gave me some tranquilizers - best decision I ever made!!!! They weren't even expensive!!

The next best thing was when he got old enough and became deaf - that was the best blessing!

Go talk to your vet about the tranquilizers....
    Old 07-01-2012, 11:59 AM

We're having brunch with the local kids and my grand daughter. No plans for the afternoon or evening. I will probably get some sewing in. DH has some work to do over at the church for a couple of hours. Maybe I will work on my Pineapple blocks

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 07-01-2012, 11:59 AM

DH has to work his usual shift (criminals don't care if it's a holiday), so I will probably be sewing on the 4th. It's too hot to be outside and it's cool in the sewing room!
    Old 07-01-2012, 12:29 PM
    Power Poster

The kids are all here today with spouses, grands, and friends of grands, to have a cookout and swimming and will leave out early in the morning for the lake until Thursday. I opted to stay home. Being on a party barge all day is not fun for me like it use to be. DH will go to the lake during part of the days or whatever he plans to do. He doesn't have to go to his job until next Monday. I invited a few of my sewing buddies to come over and sew with me during the week. I wish our town had a celebration or a festival or something. I miss those. My dog doesn't like fireworks either but we'll hear plenty of them all week long in the area. I remember having fun when I was younger doing fireworks so I won't complain like a an old biddy about them now even though I may want to.
    Old 07-01-2012, 12:40 PM

My son and dil will arrive home from china on tuesday, so hope to spend the day with them.
    Old 07-01-2012, 12:41 PM

The fireworks started last night. We really don`t do any thing special as we always were diary farmers, but now we are
    retired, and hubby helps out the people in the area that are still bailing hay. Once I got to see actual fire works about 25
    years ago (we`er married 54) I loved it, but now I am just happy I don`t have to bail hay in this heat. I just looked and
    the temp here in mid Wisconsin is 95 degrees.
    Old 07-01-2012, 12:43 PM

My town has the fireworks on the 3rd...and they are right in the park in my back yard...so I will be busy Tuesday getting ready for all the company who comes to watch at my house...and then the 4th is a day just for me...to do whatever I want...which hopefully will include some quilting.
    Old 07-01-2012, 12:44 PM

I have a church picnic to go to but should be able to sew in the evening.