Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What a great board this is! >
  • What a great board this is!

• What a great board this is!

Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 AM

I feel like we are all sisters in one big family - when one hurts we all hurt; when one celebrates we all celebrate, etc. No matter what the situation is we all come together. Thank you dear ones for being the extended family so many of us need.
    Old 09-06-2012, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by LynnVT
    For me, it is also a perfect rebuttal to people who say the internet is the breakdown of human social contact. A board like this gives friendship around the world to people with a common interest, despite many differences. I love that details like nationality or color or religion or politics or gender preference are not out there unless someone chooses to reveal them. We meet on what we have in common and overcome what might, in a different circumstance, keep us apart. We touch each others' hearts by our words and our pictures. I am also glad I found this group, and grateful to those who are so kind.
    so perfectly said - from my heart to all
    Old 09-06-2012, 02:17 PM

That's for sure!! I loved the thread about our quirky habits! It felt like we were sitting in someone's living room comparing notes! And so many of us seem to have the same quirkiness, a little bit of ocd and perfectionism! Thank you all for being here!
    Old 09-06-2012, 02:21 PM

All we need is a pot of coffee and a plate of cookies! {{{{{ GROUP HUG }}}}}
    Old 09-06-2012, 02:37 PM

i agree with all the posts here.. i post every once in awhile
    i laugh , i cry, and happy to see how happy that you finished what ever project. i look at all the quilts that have been made here and put up to share there photos. i am glad i have found this board.still learning..
    Old 09-06-2012, 03:04 PM

I really like this board and look forward to reading it everyday. Lots more positives than negatives and that is so nice to find.
    Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 PM

Loving this board, too. It's the first thing I open in the morning when I get up. I've learned a lot on here, caught the vintage bug disease on here, met lots of nice people and some not nice ones. It's really like another family. Thanks, guys!
    Old 09-06-2012, 06:03 PM

A couple of days ago I posted a thank you to any and all who have made and donated things to another human. My family was touched by kindness, just one week ago today when my grandson arrived early. The very first picture we saw of him was wearing a tiny red knit hat. It meant so much to us. And we saw so very many newborns and preemies wearing tiny knit hats some kind people had made and donated. You have no idea how much it meant to us. The person who knit that tiny red hat will probably never know how much it meant/and will continue to mean to us. But this quilt board allowed me to send out thankyous to anyone who has made and donated anything to another. One quilter even mentioned she has made hats like these in the past and how nice it was to know families of these babies really appreciated them. This board is so wonderful. Please never let the negative get to you, because there are just so many wonderful people out there who belong to these boards. And from my family...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

Kat
    Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 PM

This is my first post ever! I've really enjoyed all the trials and tribulations of the quilters (me included)! ;-) My favoriate time to read the posts is when everyone is in bed (hubby & 26yr old daughter) and it's just me and my 'puter. My quiet time to enjoy everyone! Thank you all ---- my sisters/brothers throughout the world!
    Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 PM
    Dee

This is a wonderful board and my second home.