Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • 2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-08-2013, 07:29 PM

Ok I'm finishing my Bonnie Hunter East Street Mystery. It's 88" square right now. I was planning on two borders like Bonnie showed (1.5" brown and 5" purple) but my sister thinks three. 2.5" brown, 1.5" yellow, 6" purple. What do ya think, sisters??
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM

I like the idea of the 2 1/2 brown, 1 1/2 yellow and 6" purple.
    Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by GailG
    wildyard, I feel your pain. I have many UFOs but the one that I worked on this week is a Christmas project started in 2012. A QB friend of mine gifted me with a dozen gorgeous 10-minute blocks made with Christmas fabrics. I assembled it and that is as far as it got. After Christmas, I made the sandwich and there it sat until I decided to git 'er dun before I begin any other project (of which there are many I'd love to do). This was the perfect time. We have had rain, rain, rain. All that is left is the binding. Had to stop to rest my back and shoulders. Tomorrow will be another rainy day. So perhaps...........

Its been raining here in Texas too...and I love it! Seems like I'm in a quietly quilting mode.... as long as it is raining...I am quilting!
    Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM

Ok, I'm in now that I know how to post a picture. Just learned today! Yay. You all may get sick of me. I must have posted more that five today. I have one that I finally finished the binding on in the last couple of days that I had started making I think almost 10 years ago!!! need someone to hold or some place to hang to get the picture but I will and post it soon. This will be fun.
    Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew
    Ok, I'll go first.

Hi. I'm Fraew and I am addicted to starting quilt projects. Finishing, not so much. I have at least 20 UFOs (I define mine as a project that I have cut and pieced and have left it to age for a bit). I was introduced to QB swapping last year and SWAPPED 'til I dropped...the whole year! I wouldn't dare call my swaps UFOs because I would start to get heart palpitations!

For the month of January, I plan to work on this (Star Flower Wreath, pattern by Chickadee Charms Designs). The binding is cut and ready to put on, but alas, I have been distracted. Some of you may recognize this one. I posted it on the 2012 UFO Challenge thread last summer when I sent it off to be quilted. Charisma did an amazing job with this one...just haven't "finished" it yet.

Don't tell anyone that I took credit for it in 2012 though. Shhhhh
    That is so beautiful! Love the pattern and the quilting. Awesome!
    Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM

Thanks love to sew!

@SheriR: Do you have a picture to share of the borders that you are considering? I would love to see a corner of your quilt with your border plan.
    Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR
    Ok I'm finishing my Bonnie Hunter East Street Mystery. It's 88" square right now. I was planning on two borders like Bonnie showed (1.5" brown and 5" purple) but my sister thinks three. 2.5" brown, 1.5" yellow, 6" purple. What do ya think, sisters??
    Love your Easy Street colours! I just finished my top (a twin size). I did 2" blue, 1" grey, 1" purple, 1" grey, 5" blue for my borders (using Bonnie's colour pallette). I like your sister's plan, but it's hard to tell without seeing the fabrics, as someone suggested.

I'll try to keep up with the UFO challenge - lots of 'in progress' tops that I hope to finish this year.
    Old 01-10-2013, 03:22 AM

Hello, my screen name is Mimiknoxtaylor aka Joyce T.
    I have so many UFO's that I don't want to count them- I would quit before I started. I have been quilting over 40 years so I have quite a load - and a stash. I always have good intentions but like many of my sisters in this thread, I love the creative process but when it comes to finishing, not so much.
    my 1st UFO to finish for 2013 will be, must be, the quilt I started on my DD 10th birthday in 1980 where her pals at the party painted the squares (another, "what was I thinking?) it will be a simple finish just to get the thing gone.
    glad to have such great company.
    Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 AM

same boat you all are in! lol
    my poor dd has waited for her black n white for eons its my first queen so is taking a very long time i won`t say how long!the pattern i picked is what was i thinking! 4 11/2 inch squares in corners to make star taking forever but maybe i can have it quilted for her birthday in july keep fingers crossed for me
    in the course of this i had to make 2 double bed thomas train for grs!
    Gale
    Old 01-10-2013, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Fraew
    @SheriR: Do you have a picture to share of the borders that you are considering? I would love to see a corner of your quilt with your border plan.
    Here are the first two ideas. Now I'm not even sure I like the brown there. I can't believe it's so difficult.... I gave myself a third choice.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg