Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Buying new machine- question >
  • Buying new machine- question

• Buying new machine- question

Old 03-03-2014, 05:07 AM

Sandy,
    You're so right about cash being king! When I got a great price after I said I wanted to pay cash, the dealer said that at certain times financing can add 20% (I'm guessing to their wholesale price). That really cuts down on the amount of discount they can give!
    Old 03-03-2014, 06:33 AM

I had purchased several machines from a dealer and did call when I was ready to get a 830 Bernina. Unfortunately, the dealer who I had done business with for several years was almost $3000.00 higher than the LQS in another state. When I returned to my summer residence and mentioned the price difference, the dealer said that the shop I did purchase the 830 from, would not be in business very long because they weren't making a profit. I did mention that the dealer I purchased from had been in business for several years longer than she was. Yes, do shop around, comparing the machine you decide. Classes, extra accessories, service, warranty, etc.
    Old 03-03-2014, 07:09 AM

I just went through this with my new machine. I tried out a Viking 930 and was convinced that was what I was going to buy. I started asking questions about the higher priced machine and was told instead of 24 months same as cash on the 930 I could get 48 on the 960Q. Then I asked if it came with the walking foot with interchangeable feet and was told no it didn't. I said well that's a deal breaker so if you want to throw that in I will probably buy it. So that's what I got and 20% off the rest of the accessories I bought that day. Viking has a loyalty program and you get points for what you buy. I received a $40 gift certificate to use another day on more stuff. It pays to ask for everything. They can say no and you can look around for someone who will.