Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Janome Newhome 672 repair help >

Janome Newhome 672 repair help

Janome Newhome 672 repair help

Old 11-04-2014, 04:27 AM

I want to thank everyone who posted on this topic. I finally have the machine up and running like a champ. I have learned so much with this endeavor. I have to say that I loved every minute of this battle. It ended up being part of the reverse feed that was still stuck. Cleaned and oiled more, watched how everything hit and moved, and finally worked it all out. Reset some set screws on a couple of shafts, and I was in business. Someone hire me, because I am giddy over this fix. I think I just found my new calling.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
You may have a tiny little piece of dried up oil somewhere in the reverse area or in the feed dog area. It can be hard to track down. I don't know if your repair person can do any better on it than you can. Give it some more time with the oil. Drop a little oil on it - then turn the machine on it's side then turn the machine after a while. Keep turning the machine. It needs some time out. I wish somebody hadn't run off Mizkaki by calling her a know it all in a pm. She really would know how to fix this one. You might try sending a pm to her and see if she would answer.

Is that why Mizkaki hasn't been around? I was wondering about it. Some folks just can't appreciate others that know what's what and want to help. Her leaving is a big loss to all of us.

Joe

Last edited by J Miller; 11-04-2014 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Edited to relate to last post by the OP.