White Rotary

Old 07-16-2017, 08:37 PM

I learned to sew on 1 like this many yrs ago. Still have the cabinet but not the machine. Thanks for the memory.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:44 AM

Whoohoo! I have beautiful stitches! It helps to thread the machine and bobbin properly. Lol. I have been cleaning the chrome parts this morning and removing the parts I think I can put back on. In doing so I discovered that the machine was probably owned at some point in time to a smoker since every part I clean is leaving a very dirty brown stain on the rag. But onward and upward! I am just glad that it makes beautiful stitches. Another question....I went over the brown wrinkle finish with machine oil but in light of what crud is coming off the chrome, what would be the best cleaner for the rest of the machine? I saw Windex mentioned and soap and water. There is currently no flaking of the finish and I don't want to clean with anything which will make it begin to flake. Sorry for all the questions. I am having fun getting her (?) in shape again. Maybe Goodie is a good name for her since I got her at Goodwill. Whatcha think?
Old 07-17-2017, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher
Whoohoo! I have beautiful stitches! It helps to thread the machine and bobbin properly..... Maybe Goodie is a good name for her since I got her at Goodwill. Whatcha think?
Goodie it should be! Congratulations.

Indeed, it does help to have threaded properly.

John used Windex before I knew about it. So far, so good, but that isn't my first choice. I think wiping most down with sewing machine oil is just fine.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:01 AM

Not sure if I should start a new thread or if I can add on to this one. I'll try this one first. I started this thread last July and have just now starting refinishing the cabinet. It was just too damaged to leave as it was. We have removed all parts and pieces and the stripping and sanding had begun. When ready to put back together, should I purchase a new cord and not use the cloth covered one that was stapled inside for the knee pedal? I want to get this machine in the cabinet and begin using her! LOL
Old 06-04-2018, 08:43 AM

They have new cloth covered wire if you want. I would imagine it would depend on the condition of the wire and personal preference for type if you want to rewire.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:45 AM

I'd start a new thread if you want to discuss refinishing.

bkay
Old 06-04-2018, 09:15 AM

I think it is fine here, since it is about the 'cord' on the same machine that started this thread. Also I like to see the progress about the same machine in the same thread. Try http://www.sundialwire.com/