Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Keeping  computerized sewing machine on or off >

Keeping computerized sewing machine on or off

Keeping computerized sewing machine on or off

Old 07-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
My Bernina has a Eco button that puts the machine to sleep and saves whatever was set. A very nice feature so you don't have to reset stitch and needle position every time you leave the machine for other tasks.
My Janomes are the same, they go to sleep.

Cari
Old 07-19-2017, 03:32 PM
Power Poster

If I know it will be longer than 20 min. I will turn it and the light that is next to it off.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
My Bernina has a Eco button that puts the machine to sleep and saves whatever was set. A very nice feature so you don't have to reset stitch and needle position every time you leave the machine for other tasks.
My Bernina has that also. The only problem with it is that I look at the machine and think it's turned off so I forget to turn it off when I'm done. I'm a doofus that way so I don't often use the eco button and when I do I put a post it over the screen saying "ECO ON!"
Old 07-19-2017, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

I usually turn off my machines when I'm done for the day. I have several set up ready to use and I turn them all on when I go in my sewing room.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:42 PM

I leave mine on it has an auto shut off feature you can program the length of time before shut off
Old 07-20-2017, 01:49 AM

I turn mine off when I am done for the day. It has a sleep feature but there is a design on the screen that tells me it is still on. Mine is plugged into a good surge protector so I don't unplug and have had no problems with power outages. Even though one happened in the middle of a seam once. I just flipped the on/off switch and waited till the power came back on. All was good.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:01 AM

I have the combo machines--one I sew and the other I emb. I "too frequently" forget and they stay on all night. I've even been known to put the cover on and forget to turn off. Next day it is quite warm inside the cover--the light, I suppose. Call me doofus also, or loony tunes, or double klutzy!
Old 07-20-2017, 03:09 AM

I leave mine on all the time I am in my sewing room. I also leave the iron on; it has the auto shut off so it goes on and off. I do not think it is harmful in any way to do this and certainly aids productivity not to have to be turning things, including lights, off and on.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:12 AM

I leave mine on all the time I am in the sewing room. I have every machine and iron plugged into surge protectors and turn them off when I am done for the day.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:44 AM

I leave my computerized machine on for the duration of time that I have to spend on a given project. I may be ironing; answering phones; replying to emails during that time as well as sewing. When I know I'm done for the day/evening then I'll turn off the machine. Otherwise it's on for (relatively) short inactive periods. Like most electronics, it takes more power to turn on/off the given machine than the power you are saving by turning it off.

I even (gasp!) leave my computerized machine plugged in to it's surge protector when there is an electrical storm! Knock wood...we've never had an issue with lightening affecting any equipment in our home in the 27+ years I've lived here, nor has DH in the years prior to that.