Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting resolutions....help, please!?! >
  • Quilting resolutions....help, please!?!

• Quilting resolutions....help, please!?!

Old 01-02-2018, 09:18 PM

I Cannot stand that I have coupons for my favorite quilting store and I don'e really need anything at this moment, however I am going there anyway. I have a gift card also.
    Old 01-02-2018, 10:13 PM
    DJ

I resolve to gladly frog any seam as necessary. After all, it just means I get to do more sewing ... as soon as I get this beautifully sewn seam rip it, rip it out!
    Old 01-03-2018, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Charleen DiSante
    I have a question. When you cut down your scraps do you regret it because those pieces are not all in one place and are mixed in?
    Never. When they are that small , they are only good as lights and darks, rarely as a color, and never as a print design.
    Old 01-03-2018, 02:50 AM

I have this little sign in my sewing room that says......"You know that feeling you get when all your UFO's are finished and your sewing room is all neat and tidy..........

Me neither
    Old 01-03-2018, 03:10 AM

I need to find a good home for my bags of scraps that I will never use. There was a lady in Florida that got the last batch for charity quilts for a hospital. But I had to erase that PM due to space. It would be worth the postage to send them to someone who could use them.

Marcia
    Old 01-03-2018, 03:58 AM

I got an email from Longarm University that said this: If you want 2018 to be your year;

Don’t sit on the couch and wait for it. Go out. Make a change. Smile more. Be excited. Do new things. Throw away what you’ve been cluttering. Un-follow negative people on social media. Go to bed early. Wake up early. Be fierce. Don’t gossip. Show more gratitude. Do things that challenge you. Be brave.

I am sharing this with a group of sewers today...I have written it up on individual postcards (index cards) to hand out.
    Old 01-03-2018, 04:40 AM

Remember that quilting is a hobby and that "perfection is highly over-rated."
    Old 01-03-2018, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore
    I got an email from Longarm University that said this: If you want 2018 to be your year;

Don’t sit on the couch and wait for it. Go out. Make a change. Smile more. Be excited. Do new things. Throw away what you’ve been cluttering. Un-follow negative people on social media. Go to bed early. Wake up early. Be fierce. Don’t gossip. Show more gratitude. Do things that challenge you. Be brave.

I am sharing this with a group of sewers today...I have written it up on individual postcards (index cards) to hand out.
    I already did the one for social media. Unfortunately most of them that I unfollowed are family. I just got so tired of the doom and gloom especially from my one son. He's anti everything. I didn't want to delete them so now I only hear from them if they tag me. My sister knows this and the main reason I unfollowed her was due to all of the ads she shares. She knows me and is ok with it. The last couple of years have been really rough and I've gotten thru them and will eventually see the light at the other side while I get everything in order. In the meantime, I want to enjoy the fact that at least I'm breathing, I'm in pretty good health. I can't control others, just how I feel and deal with things. Sometimes that's not so good when I hit a low period but I try to stay away from those times. I try to tell myself to let it go, over and over again. Plus I like Carrie Underwood's song "Jesus take the wheel" that gives me hope for a better future. I pray that we all have a great year.
    Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 AM

My resolution is to get back to quilting. I lost my courage to do it after a severe fall and can't seem to wrap my injured brain on how to do it. My resolution will be to sit there until it comes back to me. At least now I know how to thread the machine and begin sewing, I had lost even that.
    Old 01-03-2018, 09:52 AM

This isn't my original, I found it on the Internet. "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."