Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • About Anti-Fatigue Mats?? >
  • About Anti-Fatigue Mats??

• About Anti-Fatigue Mats??

Old 05-11-2018, 11:39 AM
    Power Poster

I had the foam mats and they worked fine. however, the nicer higher priced ones like businesses use are probably even better.
    Old 05-11-2018, 12:35 PM

My husband has one of soft gel ones in his shop. He says it works like a miracle on his back and feet.
    Old 05-11-2018, 02:22 PM

I have the interlocking floor mats doubled at my quilting machine. I purchased them from Harbor Freight several years ago. I could never stand very long without them. I had to double them and I think it is because of the concrete floor. About 8 years ago, I was in Wal Mart and they had a couple of the kitchen mats, dense foam, on sale for $2.00 each. I thought...what in the world will I use them for? Well, the more I cut fabric and stand ironing, I know why I have them. I did put them down on the floor and stepped on them to see if they were good. Oh my, yes!

Best thing to do is to go try some at a local store. Most stores have a return policy. If you don't like them, take them back. A tip...don't fold the foam ones in half, they will break. I just put duct tape on the back, and still use it. I do agree that the beveled edges are nice, since most of us tend to shuffle as we get older. "smile"
    Old 05-11-2018, 06:05 PM
    Power Poster

I have a foam mat that I use at my cutting table. It is so comfortable I can stand and cut/trim for several hours. I have been working with scraps for the last year or so. I bought it from Walmart, I have no idea how long it will last. I just know if it wears out I will buy another. We also have one in front of kitchen sink. They are smooth on top and bottom. No way can it damage the vinyl or hardwood floors. They have beveled edges.
    Old 05-11-2018, 06:18 PM

We have this mat: http://a.co/3YyixCg

We use this at the bottom of our stairs because our 3 year old will sometimes just randomly wipe out on the staircase just sitting on a step. Crazy kid. However, since we got it, she lands on it (sometimes head first) and just gets right up and keeps on going. It's thick and cushy, and every adult who has stepped on it has commented on how great it feels. It's really great! The edges are beveled and I can't see it harming any floors, and it's not a perfectly smooth/shiny finish. There's a little bit of grippy texture so you don't slip. It's way better than the one we have in the kitchen.
    Old 05-11-2018, 06:22 PM

My personal opinion would be to use the ones they have from the industrial sections of auto-parts stores.
    Remember buy the best quality you can afford, your body will thank you!
    Old 05-11-2018, 06:38 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tiggersmom
    ........Remember buy the best quality you can afford, your body will thank you!
    Exactly .... and why I started this thread to get educated on these mats!
    However, $$$$ does not always tell us what is the "best quality" ...... or what is undesirable.

Many Thanks to all those who have shared their experiences and thoughts.
    I hope that this is helping others as well.
    Old 05-11-2018, 07:09 PM

I have expensive ones in front of the LA machine that DH bought from an industrial supply house. Could not work on LA without them. Then bought smaller, thicker ones from Walmart, with beveled edges, that I use in front of ironing board and cutting table. Much cheaper and so far lasting well.
    Old 05-11-2018, 07:13 PM

Quilt E,
    I am from Canada and bought min at Costco about 3 years ago and they are still like new ( in my kitchen), they have be levied edg3s.
    Old 05-12-2018, 02:15 AM

I have two Wellness mats and a Wellness runner to use when I get my LA machine. They are made in the USA and have a 10 year (I believe) warranty. They are pricey but great quality. When I owned my kitchen retail store, we sold them and customers purchased them mostly for their kitchens. When we knew we had a buyer for our business, I ordered my three mats for myself at cost. : )

www.wellnessmats.com