Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My Juki died >
  • My Juki died

• My Juki died

Old 08-21-2018, 04:04 AM

toverly-personally I'd find another dealer. I love my machine guy, I get my big Elna serviced once a year, I make my eye doctor, hair cut appointments on the same day, drop off my machine on the way to the eye doctor, then I get my hair cut, go to the taco truck, then hopefully my machine is ready, he's never disappointed me, and I do sometimes bring 2 or 3 machines, and tell him he's got 2 days but if they're ready in 1, that's even better, then I can get out of dodge, now if I could just get him to move up here. LOL Been trying for 10 years though. LOL
    Old 08-21-2018, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
    toverly-personally I'd find another dealer. I love my machine guy, I get my big Elna serviced once a year, I make my eye doctor, hair cut appointments on the same day, drop off my machine on the way to the eye doctor, then I get my hair cut, go to the taco truck, then hopefully my machine is ready, he's never disappointed me, and I do sometimes bring 2 or 3 machines, and tell him he's got 2 days but if they're ready in 1, that's even better, then I can get out of dodge, now if I could just get him to move up here. LOL Been trying for 10 years though. LOL
    Your very lucky 2 weeks for my dealer. Lucky if you get it in 10 days your doing great but mine is large volume has 5 stores and 2 techs so machines get shipped off to his techs, they are never done in store
    Old 08-21-2018, 12:49 PM

Oh, at 2 weeks I don't mean that I have it back. At first it was 2 weeks, at 2 weeks it was another 2 weeks, at 4 weeks it was another 2 weeks. Going on 5 weeks so far. I wouldn't have been upset if I had been told it would be 3 months, that they were behind. At 6 weeks, I'm taking it back.
    Old 08-21-2018, 03:40 PM

Toverly if I lived closer, I would bring my DH. I bet he could swap out the motor for you.
    I've had my machines for a number of years but take them in to be serviced, not every year though.

If you watched a you tube video do you think you could do it yourself? Of course, I would have to see it 5 or 6 times.
    I just can't imagine being without my machine for that long. I do have a couple of others I can use should that happen.
    Wishing you well........... wish we were neighbors or at least lived with an hours drive. Then it would be an easy peasy fix.
    Old 08-21-2018, 04:30 PM

toverly...so sorry you're having problems with the Juki. Yikes, 2.5 years is not very long; I hope mine lasts a bit longer than that! My Juki dealer is also less than helpful......I have even voided the warranty on the machine by having it serviced elsewhere before the warranty was due to run out...all because of massive problems I had trying to get satisfactory service and advice from the dealer. I'll never go back there again, and probly will never buy another Juki whilst they are the only Juki dealer in my city....woeful experience and customer service.
    Old 08-21-2018, 05:59 PM

I'm dismayed by the unhappy Juki owners here I had a small issue and called Juki directly (I think in Florida) and was guided to take my machine back to the local authorized dealer/repairman - whom I am not all too fond of either - and the Juki service/support rep actually called the local repair fella to make sure he did what was necessary and ensured it was covered under my warranty. He even called me a few days later to make sure all was well. I wouldn't hesitate to call Juki directly if I ever have another issue.

Toverly - perhaps a call to Juki headquarters will get you the attention you deserve? I would have a fit with them if I had that much of a problem with the local dealer and the machine at only 2+ years in service. I wish you a speedy solution

Christine
    Old 08-22-2018, 03:27 AM

Thank y'all. Sorry to complain. I love, love, love, my Juki and am a little shocked at the service. It's not the time, it's just that I feel like I'm being jerked around like a fish on a hook. Whatever the outcome, I now know, local service to this dealer isn't a good thing, I will be driving a bit to find a better dealer next time.
    Old 08-22-2018, 03:38 AM
    Power Poster

Christine, thanks for your post. I have a Juki as well. And toverly, good luck. Let us know how you make out.
    Old 08-22-2018, 07:53 AM

Sorry that dealer wasn't more helpful. That can be so frustrating. With the price of machines now you must really love your Juki to be willing to spend $300 in repair when you can almost get a brand new one for just a little more. Hope you get it resolved soon!
    Old 08-22-2018, 06:39 PM

I know nothing about Jukis, but I'm appalled that you're having these problems with the repair place. Something may be causing their consternation, such as possibly anticipating difficulty getting the parts. Several years ago, when the main circuit board went out on a Singer that was 3 months old and under warranty, the part and the labor were covered, but it took 3 months for the repair shop (an authorized Singer repair place in the Houston area) to get the part. I could see what they were up against, and had a back-up machine, but I imagine there are more than a few customers who give them &^#* when this kind of thing happens. It tends to make people grumpy when they're stuck in the middle of a bad situation and catching all the flak. Whatever the problem, the repair person needs to be frank with you about what is causing the delay. Good luck.