Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Lighting in your sewing room >
  • Lighting in your sewing room

• Lighting in your sewing room

Old 07-18-2023, 03:26 AM

This is the one I have, the light bars are amazing. https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/luminess.php
    It is the Grace Luminess Light Bar, it comes in different lengths 5' to 12 '. I have the 5 foot one, they are a little expensive but worth every penny. No more glare on my work table while I'm sewing. Total game changer for me! Look on line for Grace Luminess and find the best deal for you. Amazon even sells them.
    Old 07-18-2023, 04:27 AM
    Power Poster

When I bought my Ott lamp I bought an extra bulb for it. I always buy an extra bulb if it is a special type. I guess it doesn't expire as it's brand new in package. Most places clearanced the old style bulbs out. I was looking at the Ott lamps at Hobby Lobby. They look cheaply made. The first ones were made much differently, more quality feel and look to them. I do remember paying more for mine back when. Use to be Ott light bulbs for regular lamps and fixtures. I haven't seen those in a long time but haven't looked especially for any.
    Old 07-18-2023, 08:17 AM

I do have a couple of the older OTT lights but most of my machines have pretty good lighting, that is actually one of the features I look for when I buy a new machine. I also have a couple of those little lights that attach to the machine that you can position the way you want them. When quilting, one of the teachers I had said that she often uses natural light coming in from her side windows as she can see the quilting better and does not like overhead lighting for doing the actually quilting. I do have a couple of floor lamps I can use in my long arm area also although the machine itself has pretty good lighting.
    Old 07-18-2023, 08:26 AM

I purchased a Daylight Slimline floor lamp with the two flexible bends several years ago. It has a one touch on/off switch and a weighted base. I really fell in love. After settling in at the condo last summer, I bought a second floor lamp and the tabletop clamp version from Blick. These have a different on/off switch that has several light options. I'm not so excited about the change away from the one touch and find it to be an irritation. Maybe Blick had a different model? Connecting Threads now has one with only one flex bend. Daylight Slimline. Not quite the same anymore.
    Old 07-21-2023, 07:13 AM

I have a Verilux daylight 10,000 lux floor lamp that I purchased for health reasons. It is wonderful for sewing, too. I've had it since 2009 and I'm still on the original bulb.