Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
boycotting Hancock fabric in my community >

boycotting Hancock fabric in my community

boycotting Hancock fabric in my community

Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

Ours closed here a few years ago, they were the same way! Very few people working, so you had to wait forever! ours had nice gals, felt bad when they closed, but it was no wonder!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:25 PM

Our Hancocks is great! The women are very helpful. It is frustrating that they offer coupons for 40% off regular price and everything is already less off so you can't use it but that seems to be true with JoAnns. I greatly dislike the JoAnns closest to me. I won't even get started on them.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 PM

The Hancocks where I live remodeled a couple of years ago and it is so much better. It used to be that all the home dec was in the front and all the quilting fabric was way in the back almost like a step child. Now it is just the opposite. Now the quilting fabric and quilting notions are up front. I think they got the message.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

My Hancock Fabric is wonderful. They know me and my family and direct me to new fabs that have come in they know I like. I love it there. You can tell they are individually own. My owner and staff are great.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:08 PM

My Hancock Fabric is decent on sales help. There has been a time or two where they have had only one person working the cut table and checking out. Mostly there are 2-3 people working. They did remodel and organized everything in an orderly manner. I do agree they need more quilting fabrics and supplies. We just had a new Joanns open up back in February and there store is beautiful......lots of everything. I have only been in there once...so I can't comment on the customer service yet. I stopped by to get their pamplets for upcoming classes. Hopefully, there service will be as appealing as their store.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Banned

I love our Hancocks, if I need something they will have it there the next shipment which is usually every 3 or 4 days. I was looking for a certain Burgundy fabric and the Manager told me that since we could not figure the colors of the line I was inquiring about she order the entire line for me so I would have the right color.

Plus they send a lot of work my way so there is another reason I like them so much. I say get in good terms with the manager and everything will be good.

Billy
Old 04-27-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Skyqueen30094
contact management of the store not hancock company. we don't have hancock any more in Orlando...they got a little trashy makes sense if they are individually owned
the one in AR is trashy too
Old 04-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

I really enjoy going to my local Hancock's. They are very nice and know what they are doing when you ask a question. The manager is very quick to give you additional sale percentages off when she can. You gotta love that in a manager ... LOL!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM

The management sets the tone for the store. Ours here used to be a bit unpleasant - not much variety and sales items out of stock.

Then, a while back, it got a new manager, and it is like a spot of sunshine! They actually remember projects I'm working on, and celebrate with me when I get great bargains on the $1.99 table.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Banned

I just don't have any money, and we don't have a hancock fabric here. So sorry you had bad customer service. I hope you get something resolved. God bless. Penny