Is it offensive?

Old 12-22-2010, 05:23 AM

"Imagine all the people living life in peace...you may say I dreamer but I'm not the only one....I hope someday you'll join us...and the world will live as one...."

To those who choose to be offended I wish them a "Happy Festives Day!"
Old 12-22-2010, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

I used to wait tables, we always wrote Happy Holidays to! Luckily no one ever freaked out on me, lol!
Why cant people just say Thanks, someone is wishing them a HAPPY DAY< anyhow!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

i tend to look and look until i find greeting cards that say Merry Christmas rather than Happy Holidays. i had enough of having to say happy Holidays when working. on the telephone recording that was all i could put too.

being forced not to say it just didn't go well with me.
otherwise anyone can say what every holiday they are celebrating to me and i'm fine with that. this is one small round world.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-146735.gif  
Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 AM

I say Merry Christmas with no apologies. If someone wishes me Happy Holidays, I respond with Merry Christmas.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

I have no religion, but take no offense at anything said in the form of good wishes. I have always celebrated Christmas as a winter holiday, because it always happened around me, and it is easier to join in than not to.

But I wish folks Happy Christmas, because the word Merry, to me has connotations of alcahol included in it, and I don't drink either.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by leatheflea
"Imagine all the people living life in peace...you may say I dreamer but I'm not the only one....I hope someday you'll join us...and the world will live as one...."

To those who choose to be offended I wish them a "Happy Festives Day!"
Ohhhhh I love your John Lennon lyrics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 12-22-2010, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I don't take offense to either one. What gets me is when I see Merry Christmas written as Merry X-mas as if they are trying to remove Christ completely from the picture. Now that's when I get mad.
I agree!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:42 AM

Too many other "important" things to worry about in the world today other than "political correctness" which was established by those who have nothing better to complain about!

Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 AM

No Christmas trees,no Nativity displays,no Santas at the mall,just to name a few.
I don't accept the economy as the reason. Seems no one wants to offend.
Personally, this year when someone wishes me Happy Holidays. I respond by saying I wish you a Merry Christmas and very Happy New Year.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:44 AM

I am a Merry Christmas person. I am a Christian, I am proud of my religion, I beleive in my religion, and I am not forcing my faith on you by saying Merry Christmas. I am just being kind and giving you a warm greeting.

If people don't like what I say, I will smile and give the "doe in the headligths look" and walk away. What I said was not meant to upset anyone, but to be kind and friendly.

I don't get why, as a Christian, I am supposed to be sypmathetic towards others that may not believe the same as me, and keep my greetings to myself. They surely don't keep their beleifs to themselves when they get offended over a simple greeting. JMO