Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
"Traditional" Quilts and "Non-Tradtional" Quilters >

"Traditional" Quilts and "Non-Tradtional" Quilters

"Traditional" Quilts and "Non-Tradtional" Quilters

Old 01-12-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by mommamac
have you ever tried 'factory' style - do all of one step for all, then go to step 2, etc...
That's the way I have to do it also. I've always been that way. Couldn't even sew a garmet pattern more than once--always threw the pattern away after I made the garmet once. Had to do it "factory" style when I made bridesmaids dresses--boring!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:41 PM

I have to work on a few blocks at the time - I have to get up to iron each block and walk over to the table and put it in the right place. If I don't do it this way, my back hurts so bad I have to leave the studio. I'm too old and worn out to work on assembly line of any kind! I wish I could stick with it long enough to get bored!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Oh, you're almost half done, so I'd try to finish it if you can. Now me, instead of doing them 10 at a time, I'd do the final 16 as quickly--and neatly of course--as possible, and be done with it! I'm working on one now that needs 92 blocks and I broke it into 31-31-30 sections and I'm ready to start on the last 30 tonight. I'm getting slightly bored with it but I take breaks from it to make some yo-yo's, and figure out my next quilt. Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:08 PM

These blocks are beautiful, so it will be worth the tedium.
I think having more than one project or task is a good idea. Also, listening to an audio book while you sew the same seams over and over might help. Maybe reward yourself when you get the next 8 done--a trip to the LQS or lunch with a friend. Good luck and be sure to post pictures when you get the top assembled.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:14 PM

It will be Stunning when finished. I love your fabric choices and can't wait to see more!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 PM

Take a break and make yourself a little something, like a mug rug or a pin cushion, or a post card- be as wild and crazy and creative as you can be. Then you will be able to go back to the other blocks, which are beautiful! :lol: :) :lol:
Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 PM

OMG these are beautiful...Please finish it, you will be very happy.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Your blocks are beautiful! What I have done when I get "stuck" like that, is put the blocks up on the design wall, and set a goal for the day to just get one more row done, or something like that. It's surprising how fast it goes when you see it growing right before your eyes!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:10 AM

Any reason you have to stick with the design? There could always be another brilliant idea just around the corner that uses the blocks you've already made plus some new ones you feel more like making? :) Just a thought, of course it's up to you and what your creative spirit is really trying to say to you!!

Of course sometimes just sticking with the process is the right choice...
Old 01-13-2011, 06:17 AM

Hello dear friend, I made you some quilt blocks a while back and love the one you made for me. (The daisy one)
What you have is very nice. You could trade off with another project, or like someome suggested do something different with some of the blocks. I think if we are not happy with what we are doing, in our sewing or quilting time we need to change something and so we are having more fun!