Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am just sick!! >

I am just sick!!

I am just sick!!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:24 PM

I know how you must feel. We always want things to be perfect, especially after putting all that time and effort into a project. Honestly, I had to look real good to see the error and don't think a non-quilter will notice it.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:39 PM

I think I mentioned this before but I'll say it again. When I first started quilting, a seasoned quilter told me that every quilt is suppose to have a mistake whether it's really a "mistake" or it's made on purpose. Hope that makes you feel a little better.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 PM

I would never had noticed if you hadn't said anything...it is really pretty...I don't think anyone else will notice it...alot of work and more heart....I don't know the occasion of the person receiving it but I am sure they will be so touched by the quilt they will NEVER see any flaws...just hugs and kisses...blessings
Old 05-09-2011, 05:06 PM

Bet no one even notices-----I had a GLARING mistake in a crewel wall hanging once--and still got a blue ribbon--the judges did not even notice it!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:29 PM

You'd be surprised how non quilters don't notice this kind of error. Quit beating yourself up !!!!! Sorry though.... The quilt shop that I work in, some of the girls there don't like the judging part of quilt shows. We don't like how visitors stand there and whisper and point at points that don't match perfectly. I quilt because I love it, I don't quilt to be perfect, I'm not a machine !!! My thoughts, Auntie B from Saskatchewan.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:29 AM

Tell them its your 'Amish mistake" - I've read somewhere the Amish always build in a mistake on purpose because only God is perfect, & we are not.
Works for me whenever I goof.
That being said, I think the quilt is very nice - a couple X & O are just extra kisses, IMHO!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:43 AM

I'm sorry, we need to lay what we are working on out so we can see the whole picture. Ask me how we know?
Old 05-10-2011, 08:36 AM

Dang don't you hate that when it happens. Sorry it had to happen on such an important project. I'm sure your quilt is still fabulous,
Old 05-11-2011, 01:22 AM

[quote=sassy granny]You're not alone. I made an alphbet quilt for a friends baby shower. I machine appliqued all the letters and made the sashing with different printed blocks and everything turned out so pretty. I was so proud of it when she opened it and everyone oohed and ahhed. She said she was going to use it for a wall hanging in the nursery. Later I was looking at a picture of quilts I had made and when I got to that one, the Z reached out and slapped me in the face. I had put it on backwards. I was so embarrassed, and to boot it all, she was a school teacher.

I have done that to a quilt for donating to the hospital. My daughter spotted that one of the "B"s were backwards Another quilt the whole row of blocks were sewn backwards as well. That one was repaired before I quilted that half of the quilt.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:36 AM

I don't think you need to worry or be sick over this. It is beautiful and I had to look real hard to figure out the mistake. At first I just assumed you meant to put 2 x's and 2 o's together. I would not have noticed if you hadn't posted it.