Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps? >

Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps?

Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by redmadder
Totally unrelated to topic: Does anyone here know what those niche altars are called? They are outside in the garden and along the roadside out west. Usually have a religious statue and lots of candles. The word is driving us crazy because we used to know it.
Shrine? Wayside Shrine?
Take a look at a few on my website
http://www.catholichomeandgarden.com...rd_shrines.htm
interesting.......
Old 08-21-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by CAS49OR
Originally Posted by Krystyna
I don't know why, but I cannot stand bargellos. Funny thing is that I used to do needlepoint bargellos in the 1960s and loved them. Now if I see bargello in the title of a post I skip it.

Same thing with log cabin quilts. Can't stand them.

Anyone else?
I had to look up what a bargello is. They are lovely. Are they really hard to do?

Funny, I just bought some 4th of July flag panels that came with a free pattern from my LQS, and it is all log cabin around the flag.
Bargellos are not hard to make, you just need to label your fabrics so that you keep them organized and in the right positions.
Or design your own.. as you go.. like I'm doing.. about to lose my mind..lol..I love them !! Also..my Avatar is technially a Bargello Pattern.quilters see too many standard ones and get frightened !!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:37 PM

I don't care for one block wonders.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:42 PM

The scrap quilts with the raw edges. I love the idea of Bargellos but don't like most of the designs that I have seen.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Even if some of us have specific patterns that we don't like I believe that we all can appreciate the workwomanship that goes into them.

Post your pics to H@%K with anyone who doesn't like them. I don't think I have ever seen a quilt trashed on this site. Go for it.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:51 PM

I don't like grandma's garden quilts but I do like scrap quilts if they follow a pattern. I've made over 40 queen size quilts but have never made a log cabin one. Maybe I should.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by SparkMonkey
I like off-center log cabins, but not the regular ones.

Weird.
not weird.
I also like the ones that are wonky or cut at an angle. or where the pieces are not all the same width.

As for bargellos, I think what I would like better about them is if there were not so major a contrast in colors, if the pattern were more subtle because the colors were more similar.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:48 PM

funny you said that. I have two. Tumbling blocks and those flower baskets that where the flowers are pointed. Don't know the name of that block, but it is to pointy for me.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 PM

Abstract art quilts - you know the ones with half spun wool and loose threads for texture. Hate them...
Old 08-21-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
And this ladies is why I will not post pics of any of my work :)
Please don't let these comments stop you from posting, these ladies and gents would not like for you not to post your beautiful work. Not everybody likes the same things, but like they said, they see the topic and will skip over it. I just got through posting a floral log cabin that was pink and white, and a few said they were not fans of the log cabin, but thought mine was beautiful. Ok? So post your hard, pretty work. I bet if they choose to look at it, it will be a good remark. I know they will comment a good remark or not comment at all.

I love log cabins and bargellos, it does not hurt my feelings what so ever if anyone doesn't. There is always lots and lots more of people that love these 2 quilt patterns than those who don't. And really I appreciate honesty especially if it is said in a way that doesn't hurt anyone else's feelings. There has been a many of time that someone said they didn't like something I made or did that made me a better quilter, etc.

Please post your pictures of your work whether it is perfect or far from it. I promise you, it will help someone else. :cry: :roll: :)