Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Met the quilt police >

Met the quilt police

Met the quilt police

Old 11-01-2010, 05:30 PM

I remember a story about a pioneer child who got a pretty pair of red shoes, for christmas, I think. put in the trunk for best. went barefoot for school. often snuck a longing peek at the shoes. finally an occassion good enough, but the shoes were too small. I cried hard at that story and use my good china often. Quilts are to use and admire. Most will wash, and can be mended or patched. USE THEM
Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by cosyquilter
I remember a story about a pioneer child who got a pretty pair of red shoes, for christmas, I think. put in the trunk for best. went barefoot for school. often snuck a longing peek at the shoes. finally an occassion good enough, but the shoes were too small. I cried hard at that story and use my good china often. Quilts are to use and admire. Most will wash, and can be mended or patched. USE THEM
I whole heartedly agree. I have a friend who stated that she would make a quilt for her bed but her husband would want to lie on it and mess it up. I told her that is why we make them. When I was growing up my mom made quilts to be used on our beds not for show. We never made quilts that were to be just looked at from time to time. These were a necessity for our beds in order to stay warm.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:54 AM

I bring coffee to set next to the mustard and ketchup. The nerve of her. I thought your invited guess were to feel comfortable. She sound too uptight to me.

tea
Old 11-02-2010, 02:28 PM

Isn't the purpose of a table topper to protect the table? If you have to protect the table topper, then shouldn't you protect the protection? But then again, you would just have to then protect that layer, and then after that... :)
Old 11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

It has never crossed my mind to cover a table topper. To me that is like arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The table topper usually gets tossed to the outside cat bed after a dozen times through the washer anyway.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:46 PM

My aunt made many quilts. but never used any, too good. She's gone now. Her DIL uses them on every bed in her house, even has a basketful in the living room to snuggle under. A couple extra in each bedroom, plus a linen closet full. The guest room which always has company, gets quilts rotated per season. DIL says she'll never run out. So sad Auntie didn't get to enjoy them. Her other children just don't appreciate them, except 1 who thinks it's terrible they are being used.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

When we got a new sofa, I told DH we should have kept at least a cushion from the old one. It was so used and stained, we could have cloned everyone in the family from grandparents to grandchildren. I still miss that old sofa.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:02 PM

Anything I make I make to be used!!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:02 PM

Anything I make I make to be used!!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:52 PM

My MIL must be related to this person.
25 years ago she asked me if I would like 1 of her 10 (yes 10)(she is an only child) (she is an only DIL) turkey platters. I said yes and picked one out. She said ok when I die you can have it. I was shocked!! OMG I went and bought my own turkey platter. I Have served many a bird on that platter, laughed, cried and dropped the dang thing, she still has all 10 of her's. PS I am her only DIL and no Daughters. she is that way with everything. So sad. So sorry for such a long story