Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 12-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lucymae
Any ideas on sittercizes?
do pilates it can be done sitting or laying in bed.......what is easier then that?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IndyQuilter
Can there be only one winner? What if there is a tie between two or even three people? Do we have to buy each a FQ?
In 9 months there has never been a tie however if there was 1/2 the losers would send to 1person winner the other 1/2 to the other.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by remclave
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by fivepaws
Not replying just wondering if anyone else needs to lose 100 lbs? Are there any of you in for the really long haul. I just turned 70 and started to gain when I was 30 (great depression over that b'day for some reason) anyway, it just kept coming on. Oh, I would lose 30-50 lbs and gain it back plus some more........I know!! How can I be so unhealthy and I am a nurse. I hate the E word with a passion so guess I will have to start walking. I am sure hoping you all can help me do this. I know, I have to do it myself just need that push. Lynne
Missy does. I forgot how much though. I know she lost over 60 lbs but has a lot more to go I think she wighed aroucn 400. I can't remember.
I had 60 and lost 30 since I started this challenge. I want to lose it slow to keep it off.
If you hate to exercise you should try pilates IT WORKS.......... shapes and tones however you don't sweat.
I do to. Started this journey at 291. Just this morning I saw 250.6. So I have 100 lbs to go.
Oh that is so wonderful!! I cannot wait until I have only 100 pounds to go!!

Missy
Old 12-31-2010, 08:35 AM

I think the pic of the pole on page 8 is the same pole Cbridges had at the North Pole, it was in the barn with her.

Missy and you think you are strange!
Right you are!The should have seen you spinning on the sucker,but you are always spinning aren't ya!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:37 AM

I wish I could find jeans that went TO my waist!!! They all hit so low now. Of course with my tummy that isn't all bad, but I hate when you bend over having the plumber look.

Day 4 on my Wii; I still have noodle legs so it must be doing something.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:38 AM

I am so happy I have 2 assistances so I don't have to read page upon page to answer all the questions.

THANK YOU SO MUCH MISSY AND CARRIE!!!!!!!!
Important people need assistance!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:45 AM

Not replying just wondering if anyone else needs to lose 100 lbs? Are there any of you in for the really long haul. I just turned 70 and started to gain when I was 30 (great depression over that b'day for some reason) anyway, it just kept coming on. Oh, I would lose 30-50 lbs and gain it back plus some more........I know!! How can I be so unhealthy and I am a nurse. I hate the E word with a passion so guess I will have to start walking. I am sure hoping you all can help me do this. I know, I have to do it myself just need that push. Lynne
I too am a nurse and can tell you everything you need to know about diet and exercise,so it is a do as I say not as I do thing for me.I hate exercising alone but that is how it is going to have to be if I want to achieve better health.My girlfriend who is a nurse opted for gastric by pass and has lost 100 lb. and won't exercise with me.She took the easy way out and I just can't do that.I need to lose 75lb but will be happy with 30.I am easy to please.I just have to find motivation somewhere!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by IndyQuilter
Can there be only one winner? What if there is a tie between two or even three people? Do we have to buy each a FQ?
In 9 months there has never been a tie however if there was 1/2 the losers would send to 1person winner the other 1/2 to the other.
I would imagine, especially the first couple of months that there will be ties. I would be happy to send these lucky winners a FQ as long as there weren't more than 10. If there are more, that is great!!!! I would like to be more informed on becoming Vegan or at least Ova-vegan. I tried it once but can't eat nuts. what is the next best for protein. DH isn't thrilled with tofu. I need lots of help!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Day 4 on my Wii; I still have noodle legs so it must be doing something.
Good for you! :) My goal is to do Insanity. Gave it to my daughter for Christmas. It's pretty intense. It will take me at least a year to get to the point where I can do the whole workout like they do on the videos. But, hey, I'm probably 30 years older than most of them so I'm cutting myself a little slack. That's my goal, anyway! :)
Old 12-31-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by remclave
Missy does. I forgot how much though. I know she lost over 60 lbs but has a lot more to go I think she wighed aroucn 400. I can't remember.
I had 60 and lost 30 since I started this challenge. I want to lose it slow to keep it off.
If you hate to exercise you should try pilates IT WORKS.......... shapes and tones however you don't sweat.
I do to. Started this journey at 291. Just this morning I saw 250.6. So I have 100 lbs to go.
Oh that is so wonderful!! I cannot wait until I have only 100 pounds to go!!

Missy
Ladies, for every 10 lbs. lost, you go down a dress size. At least that's what I've been told many years ago and I found it to be true, except if you're like me and are large on top----We will get through this. I need to lose 60 lbs.