Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-05-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    I don't know what I am going to do. My dad died this morning. He loved us all and I am going to miss him terribly.

I need to care for my mom.
    Praying now for you and your family.
    Old 01-05-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    I bought my solid FQ today, after the temptation of a "Cupcake Truck" on the way to my LQS. It wasn't all that good, so I had those 3 bites Oprah suggests, & tossed the rest out. Do you like turquose?!
    I believe I need to go shopping as well, gained 3-three-trois-tres... pounds. Will the type of FQ change monthly, imagine receiving 100 solid fats, thats so cool.............
    Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Wow, everyone sounds like they are doing great.

Carrie congrats on the weight goal plus the quilts are gorgeous and such a good cause

Missy & Tru you are both doing a great job of entertaining us and giving us helpful recipes and info - my day would not be complete without your daily additions in my life

I actually did 30 minutes on the elliptical today. First time since my trip to Disney World in November. It felt good to get back on it. I plan to try my Wii Fit Plus tomorrow that my DH got me for Christmas after I do the elliptical again. Also got back into the routine of eating more whole wheat and healthier snacks. It is so easy to start letting things slide back into bad habits.

Well, til tomorrow's check in hope everyone has a good day and healthy outlooks on all of our personal goals,

Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Why thank you Sherryl!! I love that Tru and I are performing a public service. Yes indeedy we are.

I found a ton of cool pictures so I need Tru to mouth off to me so I have a reason to post them otherwise I will just look like the nut I am and run these poor newbies off! LOL!!

Here is one for the road...
    I really don't think those girls' sizes are correct. Maybe I should take my picture like them and post my size :oops: I would be quite happy to be a size 16 if my body looked like hers!
    I think the two smaller ones are probably on target but the bigger one really doesn't reflect our curves and softness that comes with being a bigger girl. I posted it because so many women are fixated on a certain size and if they are not that size then there is something wrong with them or that they are fat or that they are somehow defective. But, no matter the size of each woman, I can see beauty and our teenagers and young adults (and older adults like me) get our vision of what beauty is all screwed up because of what we see in print and on tv. Even so-called plus sized models do not look plus size to me. Their bellies are not soft or round or even curvy. They have flat bellies and no back fat or love handles.

Does this make any sense?

Missy
    I know all to well the terrible message the media sends young girls and we don't even have TV in our home! I have two girls 11 and 13 and I hate it that they see what they do in magizines. If you look closer at those pictures you can see where they are photoshopped, it is really sad that what so many girls want to be isn't even real.

Here is a height weight chart that I like, If helps me to realize what I actually look like rather than what I THINK I look like. Believe it or not there is a hiuge difference.
    http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodie...htweight.shtml
    Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Wait! That turquoise is for me! :mrgreen:
    OK no squabbleing , maybe it will be a tie and you would still both get 50 FQ's each,lol...
    Old 01-05-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Wow, everyone sounds like they are doing great.

Carrie congrats on the weight goal plus the quilts are gorgeous and such a good cause

Missy & Tru you are both doing a great job of entertaining us and giving us helpful recipes and info - my day would not be complete without your daily additions in my life

I actually did 30 minutes on the elliptical today. First time since my trip to Disney World in November. It felt good to get back on it. I plan to try my Wii Fit Plus tomorrow that my DH got me for Christmas after I do the elliptical again. Also got back into the routine of eating more whole wheat and healthier snacks. It is so easy to start letting things slide back into bad habits.

Well, til tomorrow's check in hope everyone has a good day and healthy outlooks on all of our personal goals,

Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Why thank you Sherryl!! I love that Tru and I are performing a public service. Yes indeedy we are.

I found a ton of cool pictures so I need Tru to mouth off to me so I have a reason to post them otherwise I will just look like the nut I am and run these poor newbies off! LOL!!

Here is one for the road...
    I really don't think those girls' sizes are correct. Maybe I should take my picture like them and post my size :oops: I would be quite happy to be a size 16 if my body looked like hers!
    I think the two smaller ones are probably on target but the bigger one really doesn't reflect our curves and softness that comes with being a bigger girl. I posted it because so many women are fixated on a certain size and if they are not that size then there is something wrong with them or that they are fat or that they are somehow defective. But, no matter the size of each woman, I can see beauty and our teenagers and young adults (and older adults like me) get our vision of what beauty is all screwed up because of what we see in print and on tv. Even so-called plus sized models do not look plus size to me. Their bellies are not soft or round or even curvy. They have flat bellies and no back fat or love handles.

Does this make any sense?

Missy
    I know all to well the terrible message the media sends young girls and we don't even have TV in our home! I have two girls 11 and 13 and I hate it that they see what they do in magizines. If you look closer at those pictures you can see where they are photoshopped, it is really sad that what so many girls want to be isn't even real.

Here is a height weight chart that I like, If helps me to realize what I actually look like rather than what I THINK I look like. Believe it or not there is a hiuge difference.
    http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodie...htweight.shtml
    what a fun chart...thanks
    Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM

Tru
    Hope your feel better soon.

Carrie
    Thanks for stepping up as usual and taking the lead while Tru is ill.

Missy
    I can't wait to see what naughty (or nice) little things you come up.

You three make this the place to be for diet tips, encouragement, laughter and lots of love. You are what quilting is all about. That beautiful, warm and cozy feeling all over.

Love you all
    Lisa
    Old 01-05-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    Tru

Carrie

Missy

You three make this the place to be for diet tips, encouragement, laughter and lots of love. You are what quilting is all about. That beautiful, warm and cozy feeling all over.

Love you all
    Lisa
    Aww Lisa you are so so sweet! I am sure the part of me that generally stays medicated will be popping up from time to time. It is good to be certifiable! LOL!!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-154002.jpe  
    Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Who wants to see my polka dots top?
    It will be a while before it gets sandwiched and quilted. have to wait til I have the money for batting. My family insists that I keep food in the house :? . I can't figure out why. Until then I will just keep making these tops til I have as many as I need for Tymeless hearts.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-154003.jpe  
    Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by ljs317
    Tru

Carrie

Missy

Love you all
    Lisa
    Aww Lisa you are so so sweet! I am sure the part of me that generally stays medicated will be popping up from time to time. It is good to be certifiable! LOL!!

Missy
    I love that picture!! LMBO!!! I know that feeling all too wellllllllllll!!!
    Old 01-05-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Who wants to see my polka dots top?
    It will be a while before it gets sandwiched and quilted. have to wait til I have the money for batting. My family insists that I keep food in the house :? . I can't figure out why. Until then
    I will just keep making these tops til I have as many as I need for Tymeless hearts.
    So so cute!! I think polka dots are darling!!

Missy