Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-05-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Hello everyone. Hope you're all having a "healthy" day. Tru, hope you get to feeling better soon. Missy will "behave" while you are getting well. Won't you, Missy????? Carrie, love the quilt top. I love polka dots and the colors you chose. Going to have leftover baked fish for dinner tonight. Havent figured out what side dish to have with it. Will probably make another salad. Have a good night everyone. Sandy
    I will try my best to behave. Pinky swear!

Missy
    Old 01-05-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    Time for my GOOD news! I weighed today and... I'm DOWN 2 pounds! I'm THRILLED!! Now all I need to do is get rid of another 19 and I'm at my next (larger) mini goal. AND I'm about 50 pounds away now from my ultimate goal. :D Go me! I'm doing the happy dance here people!!! Come dance with me and burn those calories!

Tru - Feel better soon! I had that over the few days after Christmas and it wasn't fun, but if you have what I did, it doesn't last long!

Missy - girlie, you're just finding some awesome pictures. I really like the long photo with the truest saying of them all. :D

CarolJ - I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in 2007. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending you as many hugs as you want.
    YAY JENNIFER!!!!! I love great pics that is for sure!

Missy
    Old 01-05-2011, 03:35 PM
    Banned

It has been brought to my attention that most everyone on the weight loss thread has been PMed about quilt blocks to make a quilt for a member of the challenge. I was not consulted about this before the PM's were sent. I would not have approved of PM's being sent to everyone as this is the first month some people are doing the challenge and I would not and do not want them to feel obligated as to having to send a block.

If you have been sent the PM PLEASE it is up to you if you want to send a block or not. I wish I had been consulted since I am the hostess of this challenge. If you have any questions please PM me.
    Thank you
    Trupeach
    Old 01-05-2011, 03:51 PM

Carolj My prayers are with you and your family. Having lost both parents very close together I know first hand the sorrow you are felling
    Hugs and take care of yourself.
    Gail
    Old 01-05-2011, 03:52 PM

Tru Hope you feel better soon

gail
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:07 PM

I am a newbie to this part of the quilting board and really to the board. I believe the message was sent with good intentions and received in the same way. I feel it is a very nice way to show support for someone. And many hands make light work.
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:11 PM

Hey folks! I just wanted to take a moment and apologize to the group as a whole about me posting the picture(s) {I do not remember if I posted one or two} with a gun in it. I certainly did not mean to offend anyone at all. I will try much harder to use my "filter" on what I post here.

I am a big girl and if someone is upset with me about some thing I have said or done, please tell me. I am very open minded and willing to see other's points of view. It takes a whole lot to really upset me. So, vent away at me if I have upset you and I will do what I can to make it right (just as I hope I am doing now).

I do appreciate this group as I have gained so much insight in the months I have been part of this thread and for that I love y'all very much!

I would NEVER EVER want to hurt anyone here for any thing at all. You guys are like family to me and for that I am most grateful.

I will take some time though and back off as it seems that there have been some complaints. Never fear, my friends, I will read every single thing you write. I am just like Santa in that way. I know when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sakes!

*big grin*

Love ya lots!

Missy

Here I am! See...I told you I was a real person!!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]154113[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-154108.jpe  
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
    Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Wow, everyone sounds like they are doing great.

Carrie congrats on the weight goal plus the quilts are gorgeous and such a good cause

Missy & Tru you are both doing a great job of entertaining us and giving us helpful recipes and info - my day would not be complete without your daily additions in my life

I actually did 30 minutes on the elliptical today. First time since my trip to Disney World in November. It felt good to get back on it. I plan to try my Wii Fit Plus tomorrow that my DH got me for Christmas after I do the elliptical again. Also got back into the routine of eating more whole wheat and healthier snacks. It is so easy to start letting things slide back into bad habits.

Well, til tomorrow's check in hope everyone has a good day and healthy outlooks on all of our personal goals,

Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    I keep thinking I should get Wii Fit Plus, but then I look at all the other weight loss "things" I have purchased and never used. I did get Just Dance 2. I only did it one day. So far I love it. You litterally dance your butt off :D It got my heart rate up way way faster than DDR. I would love to know how you like Wii Fit Plus. I use Wii Fit for the balance games, yoga and the scale and I really like it.
    I like Fit Plus way better than just the Fit. I need the balance games. I find the others are just plain fun. I started the EA Active 2....oh man; that really hurts. I am sore everywhere & I am only doing the easy mode. Dance 2 sounds funs...I love to move to music as long as no one is watching, lol!!!
    EA Active is one of those weight loss "things" I bought and never used. I probably should get it back out. Do you think it is fun? I seem to remember it being hard.
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:15 PM

MissyGirl, I like your smile.

No offense taken here.

Hugs.
    Old 01-05-2011, 04:19 PM
    BMP

Originally Posted by grammy17
    I am a newbie to this part of the quilting board and really to the board. I believe the message was sent with good intentions and received in the same way. I feel it is a very nice way to show support for someone. And many hands make light work.
    Ditto ...