Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Who wants to see my polka dots top?
    It will be a while before it gets sandwiched and quilted. have to wait til I have the money for batting. My family insists that I keep food in the house :? . I can't figure out why. Until then
    I will just keep making these tops til I have as many as I need for Tymeless hearts.
    So so cute!! I think polka dots are darling!!

Missy
    Thank you my dear!!
    Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 PM

Hello everyone. Hope you're all having a "healthy" day. Tru, hope you get to feeling better soon. Missy will "behave" while you are getting well. Won't you, Missy????? Carrie, love the quilt top. I love polka dots and the colors you chose. Going to have leftover baked fish for dinner tonight. Havent figured out what side dish to have with it. Will probably make another salad. Have a good night everyone. Sandy
    Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I am going to be off here for a while.
    Missy behave yourself. Don't make me have to tell Tru that were up no good! LOL!!!!
    Old 01-05-2011, 12:56 PM

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in the past few days into this thread... I've just got so much going on this week and in the interests of being completely truthful, I've had to avoid the compelling thoughts of my desire to focus and concentrate on weight loss, contrary to what I know I should be doing. Also, having to bake a tray of delicious brownies for my husband last night didn't help, and I ate 2. Good thing I've got my anty of FQ's ready to go, LOL.

Anyhow, I'd like to chat more about whats eating me inside right now, but I'm getting ready for it (that's my big tommorrow). I'll post back up late tommorrow with proper details (after the event) where the sad part is that weight is totally an issue... and so honestly I'm nervous as hell. I've got a million things to do before then and so off I go, but right now I'm asking for some positive thoughts and prayers from all my quilting friends that everything goes well tommorrow, and that my confidence and personality shows through (and that is all they see - not my weight). I really, really need tommorrow to be a truly awesome day.

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
    - The Creative Seamstress
    Old 01-05-2011, 01:12 PM

I don't get to come here to often since I'm in so many swaps and BOMs, but letting all know I've been trying to do well on my meals. I make a mean beef stew...what we call it is Hamburger Stew. Frozen Green beans, frozen corn, carrots, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 med. diced onion, tomatoe sauce and 1/2 cup catsup. Let it boil to cook veggies, the scramble 90/10 hamburger, drain and rince. Then add to the veggie mixture. Season to taste and it's vurtually fat free, great protien, low carb! It calls for diced potatoes but I leave them out most of the time. It's great for the winter months even though I use it all year round. Mom makes cornbread but I'm a butter nut so I leave the bread alone. And too yes it has some sugar in the carrots and corn but it's natural carbs and good for you. If you like you can put in any other vegetables, I like cabbage in mine, sometimes brussle sprouts. Well, thats my input for the day...hope it helps someone! This is part of my "life changing foods". Eating in moderation and smaller bowls 5 times a day is great. Breakfast I'll do boiled eggs and applesauce (no sugar added kind). Coffee and tea and loads of water throughout the day. Ok, I'm outta here.

Get better TruPeach, it's going around!!
    Old 01-05-2011, 01:12 PM

Creative Seamstress, You have my positive thoughts and prayers. God Bless you in whatever tomorrow holds for you. Put it in God's hands. Sandy
    Old 01-05-2011, 01:26 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    I don't know what I am going to do. My dad died this morning. He loved us all and I am going to miss him terribly.

I need to care for my mom.
    Carol,

My heart goes out to you and your family. My dad past away last Christmas Eve so I know only to well how you are feeling. I hope that you had time to spend with him and fond memories because they will help you thru this rough time.

Hugs and prayers,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Old 01-05-2011, 02:53 PM

Time for my GOOD news! I weighed today and... I'm DOWN 2 pounds! I'm THRILLED!! Now all I need to do is get rid of another 19 and I'm at my next (larger) mini goal. AND I'm about 50 pounds away now from my ultimate goal. :D Go me! I'm doing the happy dance here people!!! Come dance with me and burn those calories!

Tru - Feel better soon! I had that over the few days after Christmas and it wasn't fun, but if you have what I did, it doesn't last long!

Missy - girlie, you're just finding some awesome pictures. I really like the long photo with the truest saying of them all. :D

CarolJ - I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in 2007. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending you as many hugs as you want.
    Old 01-05-2011, 03:00 PM

CarolJ, sorry to hear about your loss.

Sending prayers and love on your way.

Hugs.
    Old 01-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Creative Seamstress
    Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in the past few days into this thread... I've just got so much going on this week and in the interests of being completely truthful, I've had to avoid the compelling thoughts of my desire to focus and concentrate on weight loss, contrary to what I know I should be doing. Also, having to bake a tray of delicious brownies for my husband last night didn't help, and I ate 2. Good thing I've got my anty of FQ's ready to go, LOL.

Anyhow, I'd like to chat more about whats eating me inside right now, but I'm getting ready for it (that's my big tommorrow). I'll post back up late tommorrow with proper details (after the event) where the sad part is that weight is totally an issue... and so honestly I'm nervous as hell. I've got a million things to do before then and so off I go, but right now I'm asking for some positive thoughts and prayers from all my quilting friends that everything goes well tommorrow, and that my confidence and personality shows through (and that is all they see - not my weight). I really, really need tommorrow to be a truly awesome day.

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
    - The Creative Seamstress
    Prayers are on their way!!!

Missy