Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Darling? Husband >

My Darling? Husband

My Darling? Husband

Old 01-20-2011, 12:07 PM

Not only is my husband supportivie but he was the one who convinced me to buy the machine that turned me into a quilting animal...Husqvarna SE...And he knows to have the ck book ready every month so I can go out and search for new fabric...He has his hobbies and I have mine....and neither of us objects
Old 01-20-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
I probably am weird, but I LOVE my alone time. Maybe it's because I was an only child. Learned to entertain myself in my head. I hate crowds, loud parties/activities and do not have many close friends, just a few. Yea - it's the only child syndrome.

I hate to say it, and maybe I am selfish (again, only child) but sometimes I wish I could just go away for a while and do only what I want to do.
Well I love my alone time too. And I don't think you are weird(or selfish) But I was the eldest of 6 . Now the quieter it is the better. I finally figured out I am the happiest when I am alone. Except for my Andy of course. he is the best company even if he doesn't say anything about my quilts. lol
Old 01-20-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Shari1967
Originally Posted by gloria11
he does complain about my stash mess... but i have very little space. I just ignore him on that too...haha
mine started to make little comments...nothing major but I got the hint. He thought I had way too much fabric. My solution - started showing him photos and blogs of other peoples stashes. He's not said a word. I had to do the same with all my scrapbooking supplies too..... Someone always has way more regardless of what it is :lol: :lol:
You should have told him to call Bill or shown him MY room lol
Old 01-20-2011, 01:17 PM

My husband also watches tv a lot. He used to always be working on something in his workshop but the last 3 years or so that all stopped. It worries me a lot. He is very supportive of my sewing. He goes to quilt shows with me and to quilt shops and helps me spend my money. He is happy when I find someone else to go the shows with though, especially the 2 big ones. He makes suggestions and is very interested in the quilts I make ( sometimes too much ). But he doesnt complain about it. now if he would just build the shelves for storage that I desperately need, then all would be good.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:20 PM

I know how you feel- but my husband is not quite that bad - he loves the quilts I make but thinks all my wall quilts will make great placemats!!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:52 PM

My husband dosen't mind my quilting because it lets him have full control of the t.v. remote. We don't complain about the money either of us spend but we do each have our own (equal) income. He brags about my quilting but has yet to offer any money for a machine or fabric. This seems to work for us but I would dearly love for him to show more interest or go on day trips with me to other towns for fabric.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by diannemc
My Darling? Husband is a TV person..He has no hobbies...Watching TV is all he does when not working...I am not!!..I love my sewing..He has always hated my sewing...
I don't know why except maybe the money it takes and the time it takes away from him...(and maybe the pins he has had to pull out of his barefoot a time or two :oops:)
Well the other day I finished a quilt and showed it to him.. He said "Thank goodness you are through".. I am sick of all this quilting..It use to be sewing now quilting... I wish you would just stop it..." I just turned and looked him square in the eyes and said.."Quilting makes me happy....and trust me....You want me to be happy..." Am I the only one here who has a hard time with a husband who doesn't understand to joy of quilting??
I have been so surprised by all the comments. Just like true friends. We understand each other!!
Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus!!..I read that book. I hope you find some way to bring happiness and contentment back to your marriage.

I believe in prayer and will be praying for you... :) :)
Old 01-20-2011, 02:04 PM

My last (and not too long) husband insisted I watch TV with him and he could find sports 30 hours a day 100 days a week. I hated it. Marriage was but a burp in my life.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rann
My last (and not too long) husband insisted I watch TV with him and he could find sports 30 hours a day 100 days a week. I hated it. Marriage was but a burp in my life.
:thumbup: What a jerk. I'd laugh myself silly if DH actually thought he could tell me to do that and I'd do it. I'm sad many wives think they have to :-(
Old 01-20-2011, 02:39 PM

Another woman blessed with a man who supports her habits, I mean hobbies. :-) My husband's only stipulation is that things get used. Since my sewing machine is well used and my horse is (usually) well ridden, he supports both. The treadmill and weight machine on the the other hand are on their way out. I bet I know how I can use the space......On a serious note, many men are just insecure or they use their wife's time with her hobbies as a convenient excuse to harp about something, when really there is a completely different issue that is bugging them. There are some real jerks out there, but most men are good-hearted (slightly simple) fellows, otherwise we wouldn't have married them in the first place. Praying for you.