Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-15-2011, 11:21 AM

Just an observation... certainly not to criticize... but I didn't do this swap for awhile because it is hard to not feel guilty when I stick to the $10.00 rule, find a couple of things from my stash, and then mail off a package to my SP when I see so many others spend much more on their goodies and put much more in their packages than I can afford to do. I feel like I should apologize to my SP for not having enough goodies for her, even though I spent a little more than $10.00 and I added extra from my stash.

I don't want to not be part of this swap, but I really stress about my SP feeling that she has gotten the "short end of the stick" after seeing some of the amazing packages that have arrived for others.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Just an observation... certainly not to criticize... but I didn't do this swap for awhile because it is hard to not feel guilty when I stick to the $10.00 rule, find a couple of things from my stash, and then mail off a package to my SP when I see so many others spend much more on their goodies and put much more in their packages than I can afford to do. I feel like I should apologize to my SP for not having enough goodies for her, even though I spent a little more than $10.00 and I added extra from my stash.

I don't want to not be part of this swap, but I really stress about my SP feeling that she has gotten the "short end of the stick" after seeing some of the amazing packages that have arrived for others.
Misty, don't feel guilty, as long as you stick to that rule then you're fine. Some of us, myself included, like to go overboard. I like to just because that's who I am, a giver. But there is no need to feel guilty because you're sticking to the rules. We're the ones that should have our wrists slapped because we aren't abiding by the rules! Don't worry about it, just enjoy it!
:thumbup:
Old 09-15-2011, 11:36 AM

Lori, so glad they are getting you in to have your epidural tomorrow....WoooHooo...Yaaay....Relief is on the way!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

I recieved some PM's asking if something was wrong with me as I hadn't been on here much lately.Last sunday my brother-in-law lost his battle with lung cancer.Today was his funeral.When my husband and I got home I stopped at the end of our driveway and got the mail. There was a huge package from over seas. Yep it was from Tussymussy my secret pal for this month.It was such a wonderful surprise.I must say thank you for not just the package but also the uplift it gave me.Sue is a very warm and wonderful person. We all joke on here but she has become a friend to me.She sent a really pretty lacey blue shawl.She sent one a few months ago to her pal and I fell in love with it.Now I have one of my own. Also I recieved winegums.Now I know what they are. Yeah!!! Also there was a package of 5 flake chocolate bars. They look so good too. She made a beautiful matching set for my purse of a yoyo keychain,tissue cover,tea holder,card holder.Also I recieved Camilla(her chickie),2 very pretty pieces of fabric 1 is a med.brown batik and 1 is med. browns with dark brown siloettes of deer. That's not all .Also a Beef cookbook(I raise beef cattle)a post card of nearby town to her called Kewstoke.also a nail buffer cube.and lastly a Fruit cake recipe with a pack of English mixed spices to go in it.also a cute refrig. magnet that says "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves" that is soooo true,my friend. Oh and I don't want to forget a very cute mugrug she made me. It has a pig,a cow,and a lamb on it. This is a very nice package. thanks so much Sue. Your friend Mary
Old 09-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

Boy was that windy or what???lol Sorry but I can't post pictures if Tussymussy can hope she will. Mary
Old 09-15-2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie

I totally understand what you are saying. I always worry that I have not sent enough. As for me, I love whatever I receive. In fact, my favorite things to receive are scraps and used books, patterns, etc. And especially something handmade! Hints for future months folks!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:56 AM

In my defense I got the blocks in a red white and blue block swap and cost me nothing. The backing was a table cloth I bought on clearance at walmart for $2.25 and I did not use all of it.The inside of the lap quilt was a sheet I purchased at Goodwill for $1.00
The honey was purchased with farmer market coupons that cost me nothing. The fishing tackle came out of my tackle box and I made the amish friesndship bread myself. The gone fishing sign cost 99 cents and the candy was $1 a box. The pens were from Dollar Tree and cost you guesssed it a dollar. I already had the sticky note pad and the iced teas was 99 cents. You do the math. There are ways to be creative when sending a package.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:56 AM

Such great packages coming in!! Lori...it looks like you made someone really happy with that lapquilt!!! If ever I'm having a crappy moment in a day, I just need to look to this thread/board for a lift....such humor and heart-giving here!!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
In my defense I got the blocks in a red white and blue block swap and cost me nothing. The backing was a table cloth I bought on clearance at walmart for $2.25 and I did not use all of it.The inside of the lap quilt was a sheet I purchased at Goodwill for $1.00
The honey was purchased with farmer market coupons that cost me nothing. The fishing tackle came out of my tackle box and I made the amish friesndship bread myself. The gone fishing sign cost 99 cents and the candy was $1 a box. The pens were from Dollar Tree and cost you guesssed it a dollar. I already had the sticky note pad and the iced teas was 99 cents. You do the math. There are ways to be creative when sending a package.
See what I mean!! :-D Thanks for the inspiration Lori!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:04 PM

My SP's package is out for delivery today! I hope she likes it.

Hint: My SP lives in a state that begins with a "W" and ends in "isconsin"