Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-24-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by catpawski
Yum.......Snickerdoodles sound great.......can I have one please..........bench is feeling a little hard tonight............I also brought some M&M"s with peanuts..........but there are no blue ones.......................I already ate them ...It was a stressful day......

I am patiently waiting as well catpawski. I will bring a bench cushion so our tushies don't get sore.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I received an AWESOME package in the mail yesterday. THANK YOU ROBIN!

I am not sure her board name... she signed it "Chase". The pincushions are absolutely adorable. My daughter wants to poke all my pins into them for me. The fabrics are definitely colors I use and the buttons are really nifty! I love the pins too. I have not seen those before. I can certainly use the rotary cutter blades and the needles too. The thread is very nice and the notepads will be put to use very soon. Thanks again!!!!
Great package Misty. Love those pin cushions and can see why your daughter would.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
Here's another pic. She sent me so many wonderful things!
Wow that is more than a package! More like treasure trove.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
I got my package from sisLH today,hadn;t been to the po for a couple of days.I got a really cute pillowcase set to make(it has birds on it)and the cutest bag of christmas buttons,I;m going to use them on a gingerbread lap quilt for DD,and candy ummmmmmmmmmmm a bag of Milky ways and a bag of Twizzlers.Sorry I can;t post pics I haven;t figured that out yet.Thanks SIS
Patty if you want to post photos, PM me and I will take you through it. It is very easy when you know how!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
TOOMANYUFOs Very nice swap. Really cute fabrics. What is the blue thing next to the uh oh EMPTY candy bag?? Mary
Mary it's a needle threader. Missed ya again!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
TOOMANYUFOs Very nice swap. Really cute fabrics. What is the blue thing next to the uh oh EMPTY candy bag?? Mary
It is an automatic needle threader for hand sewing. It was the one item I really wanted.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:05 AM

Patty if you want to post photos, PM me and I will take you through it. It is very easy when you know how![/quote]

:| I had my first lesson last night of trying to get pics off camera and posted. Made a few mistakes, had to keep getting DD to help me, she got a little frustrated, especially when I couldn't locate the pics. She thought I had erased everything, but all turned out ok. She keeps telling me, "How many times have I showed you this?" When I decide to embroider something I always forget how. I don't do it often. I have started writing down directions! Is that part of old age?
Old 09-25-2011, 03:10 AM

Going to Bangor today. Taking granddog(black standard poodle) to be groomed at Petco. There is a Joanns there, I will definately be shopping today. The nearest Joanns and Petco are 2 hrs away. That's the bummer, 4 hrs. wasted just traveling. It usually takes at least 3 hrs for the dog to be groomed, so I can shop, shop, shop!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:21 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
Going to Bangor today. Taking granddog(black standard poodle) to be groomed at Petco. There is a Joanns there, I will definately be shopping today. The nearest Joanns and Petco are 2 hrs away. That's the bummer, 4 hrs. wasted just traveling. It usually takes at least 3 hrs for the dog to be groomed, so I can shop, shop, shop!
Have fun! Hope you find some bargains! Love that red dot clearance section although I couldn't find something I was looking for in the two near here.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:55 AM
Swap Hosts

The Great De-cluttering continues ... with the big stuff gone (2 boats, one sofa, one coffee table, all the rugs, two garbage bags of pooty fabric) I am now moving through the small stuff.

Anyone want a big old pile of lace scraps, brocade and metallic fabric sample scraps? Maybe nice for a stained glass quilt? I made a little sparkly extra quilt from some of it for the doll quilt swap a month or two ago.

Going once ... going twice ...