Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-05-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
I do not get as much from it as I did the old one. I do not enjoy being on it as much.
totally agree!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:27 AM

Default Why can't I get into past note?

I have tried to get into all the past topics I have saved not able to go there????????????????? This the most confuseing to me . thanks
Old 11-05-2011, 07:28 AM

Well, I can't seem to find any of my old posts. I always liked being able to pull of some of my pics from there to show people. The only other thing I don't like is it seems our newsletter has been shortened, and the general chit chat topics don't seem to be in the newsletter.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Dkm

This board has been my go to everyday. I have enjoyed everything about it. That being said, I can't find anything and I'm sure missing looking and learning all the new things that everyone has to share. To the QB adms I appreciate all the work that you have done and are doing to make this board better. I hope with these comments some changes will be made to make the board more user friendly. Again thank you adms.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:41 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

I know it said the background color was changed, but I still cannot read it comfortably. It is just too much white (cream whatever) space. I used to be able to spend time on this Board, now not so much. It is just too bright. Actually, that is one reason I do not spend much time on my Yahoo Groups. Guess when you get old you should just pack it in.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:44 AM

I just have a questions. Did we lose the bookmarks we had? I can not find any of mine. Thanks
Old 11-05-2011, 07:52 AM

It can be frustrating. The V bulletin software offers so much versatility and it can take care of some of the issues we are talking about. The catch is the features have to be turned on by the System Administrator not a moderator. If the SA doesn't want to add the feature then we are S.O.L.

PM's - The software makes it possible to download all of your previous PM's into a folder on your computer if you want to keep them. Once you download them, your PM box is emptied. When it gets full, you repeat the downloading to your computer .
How To:
Select the PMs you want to keep by clicking on them. Fast tip: You don't have to click each one individually. You can click the day they were sent and all PM's from that day will automatically be checked. Scroll to the bottom of the PM's and look for the blue box that says Selected Messages click on it for the drop down menu. Choose Download as Text a pop up window will ask you if you want to open or save the items, choose Save. It will then automatically download them onto your computer, thus emptying your PM's.

there are other things and they may be instituted as time goes on and as need arises. We are not the only ones with a learning curve to muddle through right now; this software is new to the SA's and Mods. I know they did beta testing, but like all things - until it is used in real life situations - you just never know. If this board was a new Bernina I wouldn't throw in the towel and return it after only 5 days.

Last edited by Mitch's mom; 11-05-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 AM

I cannot understand anything about the new format. I go to the old adage--if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I need someone to enlighten me on how to navagate in the new form.\
Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 AM

Too much visual clutter. Now it looks like all the other boards out there. Used to be more text and lists and easier to navigate. Now it is just irritating.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 AM

I like the phone view. Its easier...I am starting to get use to this. I stilll have not figured out how to just view items I have not seen.